Saturday, June 30, 2018

FREE TEA – SHARING THE LOVE

Friends, I am not even sure where to start with this post… my brain is all over the place.

I previously mentioned being IN LOVE with the Gaither Promise Tea gifted to me by a friend and wanting to search it out and order some, but to no avail.

Well, the internet led me to Scripture Tea who was the original manufacturer.  However, their website did not show the tea I was searching for (“these are not the droids you’re searching for”).  In fact, their website is quite dated.

It did reference a possible likely tea also featuring apple called “American Hero Tea”.  But, there was NO sales information for it… only pictures.  I was excited about this with July 4th being right around the corner and the description boasting “quotes from founding fathers, military and social heroes of yesterday and today” and even featuring 5 different examples on the photo. Wouldn’t that be fun to share?
Click to enlarge

I checked Amazon, and a seller called “God’s Outlet” in FL had some listed for only $5.30 +$3.98 shipping.  I figured that was reasonable for a box of tea I was in love with and I naturally expected to receive a standard box of about 20 teabags (no amount was listed on the amazon page).

An additional clue from the Scripture Tea website was that 100 teabags in other flavors = $22.00.
Well, my tea arrived today and it was in a rather large box.  Much to my surprise, I received a ziplocked back of ONE HUNDRED TEABAGS!  Holy cow!!!  

That would be great for this price IF it was the tea I was looking for. But, alas “these are not the droids you’re searching for”.
I now suspect the actual tea I may have wanted was Apple Cobbler –
Note this random internet picture says Ltd. Ed.
also not on the website or for sale anywhere I can find.  The American Hero tea is pleasant enough but didn’t wow me as much as the Gaither Promise Tea.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, natural flavor,
hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory,
blackberry leaves. Scripture John 14:2
Additionally, I love scripture as much as the next Jesus lovin’ girl, but these bags claim to be American Heroes as I mentioned.  So far, I have opened 3 and each has a scripture on it.  Time will tell if any tags read as promised.
Also, the seller claims this tea is decaffeinated, but I see nothing on the bag or photos I’ve found to confirm that.

I’m quite happy with the price naturally and it is a pleasant enough blend that I am happy to share.  So if you would like to receive 10 teabags and live in the continental U.S.A, please follow these rules to enter my giveaway.
Drumroll Please

1.      Follow my blog via one of the sources to the right of this post (if signing up for emails, mention that in a comment below)
2.      Comment below with your favorite tea & you will be *entered 
3.      *Must live in continental U.S.A. due to shipping
4.      *Enter by noon P.S.T. (pacific standard time – west coast) July 4th
5.      (optional) If you win, would you kindly come back and let me know how your tags read?

Winner will be announced here later in the week at which time I will request your mailing information.
If you don't follow, you won't see my next post to know you have won. (*If no response by July 9th, a new name will be drawn to replace yours).
I reserve the right to withdraw or discontinue this contest for any reason.

I would love if you would share this post/giveaway with your tea-loving friends!

You may also enjoy a very special RED, WHITE AND BLUE tea I did back in 2015. Click here

Have a very blessed Independence Day friends.

Until next time, Hugs and a cup of tea!


Link up party: Have a Daily Cup #296

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love tea! My favorites are lady grey, hibiscus and Tazo Passion tea. That one makes the best iced tea. Have a great 4th. I'm not blogging mucn these days since I'm dealing with hand pain but I will check here to see if I've won the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina- You are a winner! I have decided since only 6 ladies entered YOU ALL WIN!
      Congratulations. Please email me your address so I can mail you your tea!
      Blessings and Happy 4th of July!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  2. I followed you by email. I have so many favorite teas, one is jasmine, another is lemon,lime, another is peach, passion fruit. These are just a few! Thanks for the chance to win!
    faithdcreech at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith - You are a winner! I have decided since only 6 ladies entered YOU ALL WIN!
      Congratulations. Please email me your address so I can mail you your tea!
      Blessings and Happy 4th of July!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  3. We drink mostly sweet tea around here, but I do love mango green tea and peach tea! 😉 Thanks for the opportunity at the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charissa - You are a winner! I have decided since only 6 ladies entered YOU ALL WIN!
      Congratulations. Please email me your address so I can mail you your tea!
      Blessings and Happy 4th of July!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  4. You always choose such wonderful teas! My faves are: Lady Grey, Winter Spice, and Lemon Ginger. Thanks for sharing, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate - You are a winner! I have decided since only 6 ladies entered YOU ALL WIN!
      Congratulations. I still have your address so I will mail your your tea soon!
      Blessings and Happy 4th of July!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  5. The concept for this tea sounds great!! I'm sorry it wasn't exactly what you were hoping for. But it's sweet of you to offer to share.
    My favorite has always been Earl Grey. But I also love the apple/cinnamon flavors and the breakfast teas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A.M. Heath - You are a winner! I have decided since only 6 ladies entered YOU ALL WIN!
      Congratulations. Please email me your name and address so I can mail you your tea!
      Blessings and Happy 4th of July!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  6. Well my friend, I missed entering in time, but congrats to the winners! Both teas sound very interesting. 100 tea bags is a lot, and not a bad price at all! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete