![]() |
| Book2 in Shadows Over England series by Roseanna M. White |
A Song Unheard – Shadows Over England, Book#2
by Roseanna M. White
*ROMANCE, SPIES, & THIEVES*
London 1914
I really enjoyed book 2. The vimeo video is a lovely 1-minute place to start before opening the book {click link above}.
I really enjoyed book 2. The vimeo video is a lovely 1-minute place to start before opening the book {click link above}.
Willa is a big “sister” in a gang of orphan thieves. There is nothing more important than family, and they will do anything to survive and protect each other. Including, taking jobs from the mysterious Mr. V. Willa is a talented violin player, thanks to a violin she retrieved from the garbage and a guarded woman with a chip on her shoulder.
Lukas is a well-known and gifted violin player in his own right, who has recently arrived in London to escape the Germans who invaded his hometown in Belgium. He is desperate to find his mother and sister, and protect his family code breaking key.
When Mr. V approaches him, Lukas turns him away. So instead, the intriguing Willa is sent undercover to gain the key. Lukas is so taken with her abilities, he offers to tutor her, giving her the perfect entry into his world. But that world quickly turns far more dangerous than any job she has accepted before, and it might just cost her everything.
Neither of them has any real use for God, so their faith journeys were enjoyable to watch unfold.
I especially loved the way God’s voice was unique to Willa, as well as Margot.
Margot: little sister to Lukas and stuck in Belgium with her mother. She is brilliant and wise, but currently under the same roof as a German Generalleutnant trying her best to survive and go unnoticed.
Barclay Pearce is Willa’s older “brother”. I really like this character. He is everything you want a big brother to be, and I hope we learn more of his story in book three.
Note: The Author’s dedication is lovely: To my childhood piano teacher, Joanne Peto, who taught me that a D# could weep, an E* could sing and a melody could be Jesus to a hurting heart that would never listen to words.
Tea Quote: Ch. 17 Will you have dinner with me?... Or tea – you English love your tea, n’est’ce pas?
I have seen tearooms, with young couples coming and going without chaperones. This is appropriate here, I assume?
I recommend using Google Translate for some of the words in the book. I found it useful for pronunciation as well.
It is my privilege to be included in Roseanna M. White’s Influencer List and I received this copy for no compensation from BETHANY HOUSE PUBL. My opinion is my own.
Read: 01/16&17/2018
© 01-02-2018
Pages: 398
SERIES: Shadows Over England
A Name Unknown – Book #1 July 2017
A Song Unheard – Book #2 January 2018
An Hour Unspent – Book #3 September 2018
(5 stars)
Until next time,
Hugs & a cup of tea!
In addition to MY BLOG, Reviews posted at:
Amazon
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK
Books A Million
Barnes & Noble
CBD
DeeperShopping
GoodReads
Google Play
Indigo
Kobo
My FB, Influencer’s FB page, My Pinterest



No comments:
Post a Comment