Sunday, January 14, 2018

Natl Hot Tea Day as well as The Ladies of Ivy Cottage by Julie Klassen a book review

So, almost one year ago, I wrote on this blog about National Hot Tea Day in America; January 12th per the Tea Council of the USA.
[CLICK HERE FOR PREVIOUS POST]

In honor of its 3rd year, I served tea to a group of 3-7-year-olds.  However, first I had my own cuppa just as the kids were arriving.
The 3-year-old little boy told me, "I like tea! I like tea! I like tea!" 
"Would you like a sip of my tea?" I offered. "Did you add caffeine?" he asked :-)   I laughed, "No. It's decaf." "Ok", he said and happily took a drink.

We practiced manners (saying grace, please and thank you, napkins on laps, sipping not slurping, sharing and passing, asking not grabbing, etc.).  We had tea in the morning and tea in the afternoon. 

The Littles truly enjoyed it, as did I.  I love passing along the gift and joy of teatime.

During the past week, I also enjoyed reading book 2 in the exact same series I posted at this time last year, which I thought was a fun coincidence.


Birthday flowers I received from 2 of the Littles :)
Along with the book sent by the publisher in exchange
for an honest review.
The Ladies of Ivy Cottage – Book #2 Tales from Ivy Hill
Julie Klassen

•°o•:*:•.BUSY VILLAGE LIFE.•:*:• o°•

Ivy Hill, Wilshire, England, September 1820

So much is happening in this second installment of Tales from Ivy Cottage. On the author’s character page found on [talesfromivyhill dot com] I counted over 100 characters! That’s a lot, but it makes for a very interesting series; one in which you can imagine yourself stepping back into time to visit the quaint village life.
Jane Fairmont runs The Bell and had a starring role in the last book. 
Mercy Grove, schoolmistress and spinster, living with Matilda Grove (Aunt Matty).
Rachel Ashford, currently being pursued by Nicholas Ashford, a distant second cousin who inherited her home after her parents were deceased.  She now lives with Mercy and Matty and hopes to learn where her place in society is through attending the Ladies Tea and Knitting Society.
James Drake, charmer/recent owner of The Fairmont hotel, shows interest in Jane, as well seeking information on a long lost acquaintance.
Mr. Ainsworth, old sexton/gravedigger, is one of my favorite background characters.  He has a deep respect for all things living, and a special scene with Jane which really yanked my heartstrings.
Sir Timothy Brockwell, baronet, and former love interest to both Jane and Rachel during their youth, yet now 30 and never married.  He is very kind but trapped by what’s expected and proper.
These are just a handful of the interesting characters whose lives are woven together with day-to-day events, celebrations, losses, hopes and worry for the future, and faith. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and TEA, oh the tea… it is woven throughout time and again. Sigh.
The author has some lovely pictures, character directory, map of the town, etc. all found under Tales From Ivy Hill dot com.
internet photo from Art of Tea

Book #2 © December 2017 Bethany House, 442 pages with discussion questions

Book 3 – Book 3 – The Bride of Ivy Green, due out Dec. 2018 , due out Dec. 2018
5 stars
(Reviews Posted to: Amazon.com / Amazon.CA, Amazon.Co.Uk  /  Barnes And Noble / BooksAMillion / CBD / DeeperShopping  /GoodReads / Google Play /Indigo.CA / Kobo /  Scribd.com / My FB page / Author’s FB page / My Pinterest)

I hope you enjoyed my review and teatime with the Littles.  Incidentally, January is also known as Natl. Hot Tea MONTH so you are not too late to join me in celebrating!

We certainly have been partaking A LOT this month since school does not start back up until Tuesday, Jan. 16th.  It has been divine. Lots of poetry tea times as well.
my own photo with RWE quote. 

adorable google image

Hugs and a cup of tea to you friends!


4 comments:

  1. I just love tea! I posted about Hot Tea Month a couple of weeks ago with a You Tube link to Gilbert O`Sullivan's song Where Would We Be Without Tea.
    Funny thing about my love for tea is I didn't become a fan of tea until I was in college. I became a real lover of tea when my daughters were little after a lady came to my Christian moms tea party and showed us how to make a proper tea. That's when I became hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah. Tea is truely wonderful. Thanks for stopping by Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day is Hot Tea Day at my house! :-) So nice to see you sharing the love of tea with the littles! I think I've been drinking tea since about age 2, when I began drinking it with my English grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to have an ENGLISH grandmother Jean. I believe age 2 is when I introduced my own daughter to it. She now shares it with all of her friends. It's such a wonderful thing to pass along. Thank you for stopping by <3
      Heather

      Delete