Friday, November 28, 2025
A BREWED AWAKENING- 3 STARS
Finn Dashwood (and little Lucy) arrive from across the pond in tiny Wisteria, NC to start a new life as a pub owner. Immediately next door is the local British enthusiast and owner of Tea Tyme, Daphne Austen. Assumptions are made, and insults plus bantering fly throughout the story. There are plenty of side characters, perfect for small-town vibes. Additionally, there's a high-profile social media couple planning a big wedding in town.For starters, I do not generally go for contemporary tales. I prefer historicals. That being said, overall, the back and forth between Finn and Daphne was fun, and the side social posts from the other business owners were amusing as well. However, without giving too much away about the ending, I found the town tragedy a bit heavy, particularly since a similar situation recently occurred in real life. It was, of course, wonderful how everyone pulled together, and there is still a happily ever after.
⭐⭐⭐ It was good. Recommended.
I received an eVersion from the publisher without expectation or compensation. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone.
📚Book #211 for 2025 Reading Challenge
Read 11/13-15/2025
Expected Publication by Thomas Nelson: May 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment