Friday, November 28, 2025

HEARTS IN CIRCULATION- FIVE STARS


SO VERY GOOD! 
      The books I reach for are less than ten percent contemporary fiction, but I am thankful I read this book. I truly enjoyed it and connected with it in the most unexpected ways. 

     Quotable: "You cannot be serious," I say, my voice oozing with dubiety as I take in the heap of metal littering the corner of the library's parking lot."... "We practically marinate in the creative realms, and yet we've still been blindsided." 

     Hayley, Evangeline, and Martha are "gifted" a van by the mayor as a way to keep his campaign promise of a mobile library and sneakily get rid of the hunk of junk in his front yard. Hayley is the chosen one tasked with driving the van. On her very first outing, disaster strikes, and she is forced to seek both repairs and shelter from Levi, a six-foot-seven-inch mountain of a man with several quirks. But Hayley has her own secret issues. The story gently takes us on a journey in a very tiny mountain hamlet, Turkey Grove, TN, that is so small, there is no wi-fi. Additionally, the author does such a wonderful job of explaining what it feels like to be neurodivergent, in this case related to sensory processing (but it can be many more things). I loved how the characters sought to work together to better understand each other and then figure out how to co-exist and be a blessing to each other. 

     For me personally, there were so many things that made me relate to Levi, which was a highly unexpected surprise. After having kids I developed some sensory processing issues with smell, taste and sound. Then after menopause, some have increased exponentially and add in some light sensitivity. Unlike Levi, my extended family has been quite rude about it. But reading this book and understanding I am not abnormal or alone made me feel seen. Learning that the author and her son also have these issues added a feeling of connection. 

     I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has a love of books and to anyone who wants to better understand the aforementioned condition. 

     Side note: The author references the book "Wonderland Creek" by Lynn Austin, about a packhorse librarian in KY during the Great Depression. I remember reading that one years ago and quite enjoying it too! 

FIVE STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

#ForcedProximity #BookMobile #Kittens #Neurodivergent #SensoryProcessingDisorder #LoveLetters #CleanRead #RomanticComedy 

Series: Checking Out Love - Book #2 (I have not read book 1 or any other books by Sarah Monzon) 

Thank you to NetGalley and Bethany House for an eVersion. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone without compensation or expectation. 

📚 2025 Reading Challenge - Book #213
notations about the reading challenge may be out of order, depending on my mood on which book to review first 😆. This year's GoodReads link to the right is also way off and not populating the number of books read correctly 🤷🏻‍♀️.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment