Whispers at Painswick Court © 12/2/2025 by Julie Klassen Published by Bethany House
Gloucestershire, 1821
Twenty-seven-year-old Miss Anne Loveday decides to escape an unfulfilled life for a time and accepts an invitation to stay with a spinster friend of her mother's in Painswick. That decision opens the door to a most unexpected and mysterious drama, full of family secrets, harmful intent, and medical points of interest. I was so fully engrossed in this tale and highly suspicious of several characters.
I enjoyed Anne's character and her growing maturity, as well as her keen mind.
I stayed up until midnight, finishing it in one setting.
I highly recommend this gothic, Regency romance. It is more mystery than romance, I would say. Faith is gently woven into the background of the story. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I received this eVersion from the publisher and NetGalley. All opinions are mine alone without expectation or compensation.
Read 11/30/2025
📚 2025 Reading Challenge #216
Whispers at Painswick Court © 12/2/2025 by Julie Klassen Published by Bethany House Until next time, Hugs and a cup of Christmas tea!
No comments:
Post a Comment