![]() |
| Pre-order before Dec. 1 and save 40% |
My Review: ***VERY EXCITING, EDGE OF THE SEAT READ***
Floatsam: any goods floating on the sea where a
ship has sunk or been cast away
Jetsam: Anything purposely cast out of a ship
when in danger, in hopes of saving it, or at least lightening the load.
1813, N. Cornwall, England - "Sometimes I
wonder how I ended up here in Cornwall, so far from my childhood home. I feel
like a castaway, set adrift on the tide by the long-ago deaths of my parents,
and left wanting answers. Is there a
plan in all this? Does God truly hold my
fate in His hands, or has my life all been happenstance, the mysterious ebb and
flow of chance?" Laura spends her days rescuing things from the sea, and
trying to return them where they belong.
Only now, she's rescuing a man.
Alexander is trying to get home to his father and brother before it's too late. But there is a war on and he has a past they may yet catch up to him, interfering with his goal. "He did believe the Almighty heard his prayers, although God had not promised he would not suffer. I enjoyed learning about the hurdy-gurdy. If you look it up on Wikipedia you can actually hear a sample. I also loved how Jago called her Our Laura, just like in the BBC series, Lark Rise to Candleford.
Tea Moment: Laura rose and put the kettle
on. A few minutes later, refreshed by
tea and shared cake, Laura urged, "One more?" Mary smiled. "What
shall it be this time? Smuggler? Pirates? Shipwrecks?" Laura nodded.
"Yes please. All three." Outside the wind continued to rise, and Mary
began another story.
I was gifted a book from the publisher in
exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are mine alone without
compensation or expectation. I am happy
to recommend this novel for those who enjoy clean, historic English romance with a bit
of danger & a gorgeous, shimmery cover!
5 Stars (excellent)
Catch up with Julie
Klassen here


No comments:
Post a Comment