![]() |
ππ³VERY SWEET READ π³π
I highly recommend this book for those who enjoy quick, clean, faith-based stories. Set in Oak Springs, TX spanning over 100 years.
BROKEN LIMBS, MENDED HEARTS BY REGINA JENNINGS
1868
Very Good. Regina Jennings never disappoints. A sweet story of the young man who pined and hoped for a girl, left, got his start in the world, but never forgot her. Despite their rocky past, he set his heart on one day returning to her. After a disaster changed her future forever she was thankful Adam had left & she managed to find a job that fulfilled her. Now he's back and chaos and confusion have come with him.
I liked their innocence and also Adam's strength. He is determined to prove himself to the community and to Bella. I appreciated the faith element in the story.
CATCHPHRASE: Sweet potatoes!
(4 Stars)
INN FOR A SURPRISE BY KAREN WITEMYER
1891
Very sweet story. Barnabas & Phoebe are forced to work together to make Phoebe's dream successful. She's romantic to a fault and he is equally practical. And therein lies the balance they both need. The Kissing Tree has grown in local charm & magic and is beautifully captured in a very special portrait I could easily picture. ❤π³❤
Quotable: "Perhaps this Inn of Smooching Shrubbery wouldn’t be the disaster he’d imagined."
CATCHPHRASE: Horsefeathers.
(4 Stars)
FROM ROOTS TO SKY BY AMANDA DYKES
1944/45
I really felt the emotions between Luke Hampstead & Hannah Garland; they tugged at my heartstrings. The guessing and second-guessing one does trying to suppose another's person's thoughts or motives were well related.
Quote: He might well die this night. But he would fight for his life with the weapons he had: pencil, paper, and a pen pal he’d never met, halfway across the world in Texas. Where it was warm.
CATCHPHRASE: “Jumpin’ gumdrops!”
(5 Stars)
HEARTWOOD BY NICOLE DEESE
Present Day
The Kissing ππ³ is over π― years old now & has seen many couples come & go. Abby Brookshire & Griffin Malone have a tangled past. This story takes them beyond their hurts and helps them work through things in tenderness. I like how he called her "Bee" - his pet name for her.
Quote I can truly relate to: “That was the strange thing about grief: Sometimes you wanted to wrap yourself in it like a thick winter quilt, and other times you wanted to throw the blanket to the ground and pretend you wouldn't be cold without it.”
(4 Stars)
I was gifted an eBook from NetGalley & the publisher, in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own without compensation or further expectation.
4 STARS overall (= very good)
(c) October 13, 2020

Publisher's Photo: Preorder
before Tuesday 10/13
& receive 40% off
Click Here to Purchase from Pub.


No comments:
Post a Comment