Saturday, September 26, 2020

TEA CONUNDRUM

It's Saturday.  This morning has been slightly overcast & the squirrels are chasing each other up and down the trees outside my open windows. Ahhhh, bliss.  It must be time for tea!

Yesterday I was at the .99¢ Only Store (a name that mocks me regularly since they have changed their prices) (& FYI, if you want to type the ¢ sign - hold down the Alt button while you type 155 😁).  I happened to spot two well-known name brand teas; Pukka and Tazo.  I thought the Apricot Vanilla Creme white tea by Tazo looked interesting, so that's what I brewed this morning.  I will preface this by saying I am HYPER-sensitive to smells and tastes.  I brewed the tea as directed (about 3 minutes) and added honey.  As I brought it up to sip, I noticed an odd dirty smell.  I sipped anyhow and the taste was gentle and sweet, really quite pleasant. But, every time I lifted the cup the smell assaulted my nostrils.  I tried to puzzle this out.  Could it be my cup for some reason?  I tried another and even a new tea bag, but the problem remained.  I checked the expiration date = Nov. 2021.  Well, this is quite the conundrum and perhaps someone out there has had a similar experience or thoughts.  Anyhow, I brewed something else and will share this tea with my daycare Littles and other tea lovers and see what they think.

I took several pictures which you may click to enlarge if you like:



I do like how the bag gives precise
instructions on the back, as well as being 
individually wrapped both for travel or
gifting.



Box side

Box side

Exp Date

Onata China Made in Occupied Japan
"Occupied Japan" (OJ) is a term used
for the time period from 1945
(after World War II) through April 25, 1952;
it was during this time that the
Allies "occupied" Japan.

This cup has so many lovely things going on!
I just love all the details. And the colors are
perfect for Autumn.
It was a birthday gift from my sister a 
few years ago.




Sweet little bowl is Pioneer Woman 
found at WalMart

I love this beautiful display featuring
Autumn Apples. Today is National
Johnny Appleseed Day, so a wee nod
to him. IG photo credit shown at top.

Here is a sweet sketch by an 
artist I follow. Again, click photos
to enlarge. You can check out
her art on her IG page & she 
also has an etsy shop. 
IG photo credit shown at top.
 



Today, thousands of people are marching,
united in prayer with Franklin Graham, 
praying for our nation.  If you have a mind
 too, please add your prayers to theirs (and mine 😊).

Thought that this was a good word.
God bless you all.







No comments:

Post a Comment