![]() |
| My cat Max >^..^< |

November 1866, New York City
OPENING LINE "It was becoming evident that she, Miss Gabriella
Goodhue, might very well be arrested in the not-too-distant future, and all
because she'd convinced herself that sneaking into a high-society costume ball
would be a relatively easy feat, given her past life as a street thief."
Tea Quote: "Perhaps we'll spread it about that Mrs. Kaffenburgh is
taking tea at Rutherford & Company. I've heard the tearoom there is quite
lovely, and it's a place many ladies seek out after a day of shopping."
This story is full of laugh-out-loud humor. "I'd decided to take
off my spectacles after remembering that they hardly suit my Cleopatra costume.
I'm afraid to say I landed in the gentlemen's retiring room instead of the
ladies'."
"As they ate, Nicholas found he couldn't remember a meal he'd
enjoyed more. Conversations ran rampant
around the table, but the topics weren't confined to matters of fashion or the
weather. Talk revolved around the latest articles in the newspapers, and then
politics, but not for long since no one could agree on that topic, and then
little tidbits that had happened to everyone throughout the day."
"Do you believe that God might not have abandoned me after
all?"
Very well-written story and highly recommended. I enjoyed the many
characters who each seem to have a story of their own to share. Book 1 really lends itself to future stories
and a plethora of interesting people (and animals) to write about.
I was gifted a book, in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are
my own without compensation or further expectation.
Bethany House Publishing, 368 Pages, (c) 2020, The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency Book 1
((5 Stars))
((MY STARS)) 1= Did not like it,
2= It was ok, 3=Liked It, 4= Really liked it, 5=It was amazing
![]() |
| Connect with Jen Turano Here |



No comments:
Post a Comment