Wednesday, March 21, 2018

CA Strawberry Day and World Poetry Day

Well, living in CA I must celebrate National CA Strawberry Day!
& since it is also World Poetry Day I searched
online for a short strawberry poem and found this one.
I am a big fan of Haiku because it is so easy to teach.
This one follows the rule of 5/7/5 (syllables). 
Do you see THAT?!
Thanks Sam's Club!
The Snowman's Lament⛄
My snowman sadly bowed his head in March, one sunny day, and this is what he softly said before he went away: "In the middle of December I was handsome, round, and tall, now I hardly can remember those December days at all. Oh my stomach's started shrinking, I am losing all my form, and I'm thinking as I'm shrinking that I wish it weren't warm. I can feel my shoulder stooping as my body is getting thin, my nose has started drooping and my mouth has lost its grin, I am surely getting shorter, there is little left of me, my head is but a quarter of the size it used to be. I am getting hard of hearing and my vision's little use, for my ears are disappearing and my eyes are coming loose. Through the icy weeks of winter I stood prouder than a king, now I'm thinner than a splinter, winter's melting into spring!"
 

In my cup today ~ Strawberry Chocolate tea by
The Republic of Tea: "Sip by sip, not gulp by gulp."


Hugs and a cup of tea,
Heather Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment