Monday, March 10, 2025

The Curious Inheritance of Blakely House by Joanna Davidson Politano


 COULD NOT PUT THIS DOWN

I started this book midday and read it to the end around 11pm. WOW. 

It is such a different kind of book.  It gave some H.G. Wells/Nicholas Tesla/Steampunk vibes. It is always told from 1st person, but the POV does shift around.

There are unexpected mysteries I was not able to guess at. Additionally, I loved the heroine (introverted tinkerer) and hero (compassionate French Pirate).  

The faith build is slow, and the author addresses that after the story.

QUOTEABLE: "I had done more than glimpse God out here. I had experienced him. Been driven to the edge until I tasted and felt him. And it left me starving for more."

This book is an incredibly well-written historical fiction novel. 

I highly recommend it, especially if you are ready for a change of pace!

I received this eBook from the Publisher via NetGalley. 

All thoughts and opinions are mine alone.

Until next time friends,
Hugs and a cup of tea from me!
Heather Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment