WONDERFULLY WRITTEN; A NEW GO-TO-AUTHOR
I was so fully entertained while reading "A Lady's Guide to Marvels and Misadventures", from the cover that draws you right in to the fantastical descriptions throughout the book! There were so many nods to beloved stories of whimsy from Around the World in 80 Days to Alice in Wonderland, to every Beatrix Potter tale, to Jane Austen and more. There was even a nod to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which I laughed right out loud at! Add a dash of steam-punk andsome unlikely characters, plus such a beautiful interspersing of faith and wisdom that you will be sighing at close of this tale you'll want to revisit again and again.
Tea Quote (& there are plenty - huzzah!): "Clara had tossed and turned, dreaming of teapots steaming with Darjeeling and plates towering with chocolate éclairs."
Quotable: “You’ve given me an idea, Mr. Theodore, and it just might work too. It would employ our individual talents and involve a great deal of absurdity. Are you willing to give it a go?”
I really don't know how Angela Bell can possibly top this book, but I certainly look forward to finding out!!!!
I received an eVersion from the publisher and NetGalley. All opinions are mine alone without expectation or compensation.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:
Post a Comment