EXCITING READ!!
I would give it 10 stars if I could! WOW!!!
I like how another reviewer said, "Mix Downton Abbey, the Greatest Showman, and Enola Holmes and you get a taste of what is in store in this book". I might add Behind the Mask as well.
I have long felt that Roseanna White's writing is elevated and you need to be able to keep up with a fast-paced writing style. It causes me to carefully choose who I pass her books along to. If you prefer a simple, easy-to-digest without much effort story, her books are probably not for you. Those who can handle more depth to a story, mixed with intrigue, historical facts, a large cast of characters, and exciting backdrops should definitely seek out her works.
I think this new theme is my favorite to date!
Marigold is a fantastical enigma. Her brother Yates, is such a strong character, lending expertise and understanding. Leonides ๐ฆ is so sweet and yet, exactly what you hope for! The ending was unexpected and I cannot wait for book two, featuring Gemma & Graham, next Spring.
Quotable: Lady Marigold Fairfax might have wiggled her toes in ecstasy if that wouldn't have meant losing her purchase and sending herself plummeting eight feet down to the street below.
Also, look up an Aukouphone - trust me.
I received an eVersion from the publisher and NetGalley. All opinions are mine alone without expectation or compensation.
๐๐ธ๐ธ๐ด 33 ๐๐ธ๐ธ๐ญ๐ก๐ฎ๐ช๐ญ๐ผ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ช๐ญ๐ฒ๐ท๐ฐ ๐๐ฑ๐ช๐ต๐ต๐ฎ๐ท๐ฐ๐ฎ ๐ 2023
- Available August 23, 2023
A Beautiful Disguise
The Imposters, 1
1909
Left with an estate on the brink of bankruptcy after their father’s death, Lady Marigold Fairfax and her brother open a private investigation firm marketed to the elite . . . to spy on the elite. Dubbed The Imposters, Ltd., their anonymous group soon becomes the go-to for the crรจme of society when they want answers delivered surreptitiously. But the many secrets Marigold learns about her peers pale in comparison to her shock when she and her brother are hired to investigate her best friend’s father as a potential traitor.
Sir Merritt Livingstone has spent a decade serving the monarch in the most elite guard, but when pneumonia lands him behind a desk in the War Office Intelligence Division just as they’re creating a new secret intelligence branch, he’s intent on showing his worth. He suspects a man of leaking information to Germany as tensions mount between the two countries but needs someone to help him prove it, so he turns to The Imposters, Ltd. No one knows who they are, but their results are beyond compare.
Lady Marigold is determined to discover the truth for her friend’s sake, and she’s more determined still to keep her heart from getting involved with this enigmatic new client ... who can’t possibly be as noble as he seems.


No comments:
Post a Comment