Tuesday, March 14, 2023

A MATCH IN THE MAKING by Jen Turano


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME! I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!
Apologies for not posting this sooner.  I thought I had, but apparently not!

The non-stop banter of Miss Gwendolyn Brinley and pretty much anyone she comes in contact with is fantastic! She is no meek debutante to be sure.

In fact, she is something entirely different. 

Walter Townsend is considered the catch of the season and a rather shallow man until Miss Brimley begins to unlock his better traits. 

I devoured this book and because it was "that good" I did not slow down for my usual highlights, except a very few.

Here are a couple:

Regarding Adelaide, who I adore:

"I’m perfectly comfortable with who I am—a bluestocking at heart, who besides loving the written word has a great affection for cats.”“She has sixteen of them,” Phyllis said. “Twenty, Mother. You’re forgetting about those kittens I found at Mrs. Gerry’s picnic.”

“We’ll receive everyone in the parlor, but only after I have Gibbons leave them lingering about in the receiving room for a good ten minutes or so.” 

Not only was it amusing but Gibbons is my maiden name so that was great fun for me! Thank you Jen 💞.


There are both animals and children which are always excellent additions to enhance charm and comedy. There is some light faith as well. Set in Newport Rhode Island, during  "The Summer Season" 1888


Gideon Abbott is most useful and certainly mysterious. I definitely hope he appears in the next book along with Adelaide as they seem to have an unrecognized spark. 😁



I have been part of "The Gilded Gals of Turano Street" (Jen's Street Team) since the beginning. She is a favorite author and everything she writes is fantastic! 

While I am not required to write a positive review,  I simply cannot help it 🤷🏻‍♀️🤭

Thank you to NetGalley for an eVersion of this book. All opinions are mine alone without expectation or compensation.  


Release Date: 2/21/2023

Read 12/15&16/2022

📖 Book 75 GoodReads Reading Challenge 2022

Until next time, hugs & a cup of tea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment