WONDERFULLY EMOTIVE
4 ladies from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds and a host of other characters who come together during 1942, WWII in a haphazard book club.
We jump around each of their points of view which are easy to follow and get caught up in. I absolutely loved this book and highly recommend it as it made me feel and think a lot.
We all have troubles behind the scenes that are relatable to the characters who eventually find help and comfort from the unexpected group in the small, coastal town in Maine.
Ginny was my favorite as I found her youth, free-spirited nature, and drive infectious.
The meeting minutes noted were fun as well.
Quotable:
"Poetry is anarchy, and I still don’t like it." This made me laugh because I always loved poetry with far fewer restrictions than other writing. 🤭
"books make fine friends— but fellow readers even better. With all my love, Father"
The author provides a list of all the books referenced in the story at the end which I thought especially nice.
If you enjoyed The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society I imagine you'd enjoy this clean tale of small townsfolk as well.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
All thoughts are mine alone without expectation or compensation.
Read Jan 17-21, 2023
![]() |
| Click to go to author's page |
![]() |
| Book 3 GoodReads Reading Challenge 2023 📚 |




No comments:
Post a Comment