Wednesday, January 26, 2022

TO TREASURE AN HEIRESS by Roseanna M. White

Hello friends,  
I am frantically packing, searching for a house, getting ready to start a new job and losing my mind (smile).  I still want to honor my commitments to post about books that I have agreed to be on the launch teams for so please enjoy this one!


 FANTASTIC HISTORICAL ROM-COM

Sheridan is fantastic!  He reminds me of a Jen Turano character; FULL of laugh-out-loud moments with all the wit and charm I have come to love in her books.  It elevated the story and writing style of Roseanna White for me, so bravo!
Also, I had a new appreciation for the book when I read her thoughts at the back sharing how mid-way through writing it her young son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  My prayers were immediately lifted up for them.

Tresco, Isles of Scilly, 1906.

Book two focuses on another Elizabeth; Beth Tremayne, adventurer at heart.  The hunt for pirate treasure continues and this book is SO SO GOOD!  Largely, I feel, due to Sheridan.  He is impulsive, speaks his thoughts aloud sometimes in the middle of a train of thoughts so people around him have no clue what he's on about, and has a good heart.  He is a wonderful hero!  Beth has many names for him, including Lord Incorrigible!  But, I don't want to give too much away.  Ainsley, his valet was another great character that rounded out Sheridan nicely.   He was very intriguing, thoughtful, and full of faith.  I loved his lesson about the pearl.

Laugh out Loud: "Dastardly. I prefer dastardly. And I'm fresh out of henchmen.  Unless one counts Ainsley. Which one really can't do, you know. He absolutely refuses to hench."

Faith Moment:  "Beth felt closest to Him out here. Where the wind could tear across the hillocks without anything man-made in its way, where there was nothing but heather and seagrass and sand and water before her. Where she was keenly aware of how big He was. How untamed. How humanity was just a scratch in the earth, their marks so quickly covered over by His nature.  And yet He loved them with a ferocity as wild as that wind. As deep as that sea."

A very strong five stars / I loved it!

I appreciate the gift of this eBook from the author and publisher. All thoughts / opinions are mine alone. 

PUBLISHER’S SYNOPSIS: Beth Tremayne has always been drawn to adventure. During her childhood, she fed that desire by exploring every inch of the Isles of Scilly. As an adolescent, she dreamed of love in London's ballrooms. Now, stumbling across an old map on her family's property, she's found more adventure than she ever craved in the hunt for pirate treasure. Unfortunately, Beth can't escape the attentions of her family's guest, Lord Sheridan.


Sheridan has spent years pursuing whatever archaeological interests caught his imagination. And when he discovers that Beth's search connects with one of his favorite pirates of history, he can't help getting involved. Plus, he finds her irresistible, even though she insists he stole a prized possession of hers.

As they work together following different clues and drawing closer to danger, they start to piece together a story of tragic love and piratical adventure. But the true surprise is the treasure they discover in each other.


Author Bio: Roseanna M. White is a bestselling, Christy Award-nominated author who has long claimed that words are the air she breathes. When not writing fiction, she’s homeschooling her two kids, editing, designing book covers, & pretending her house will clean itself. Roseanna is the author of a slew of historical novels that span several continents & thousands of years. Spies & war & mayhem always seem to find their way into her books…to offset her real life, which is blessedly ordinary. 

You can learn more about her & her stories at www.RoseannaMWhite.com.


Hugs and a cup of tea,





No comments:

Post a Comment