Wednesday, July 22, 2020

CONFUSED BY STAR RATINGS

Bitmoji ImageHave you wondered about star ratings for products like I have? I finally did a little research for my favorite book sites to get a better understanding.

In my opinion, AMAZON gives a completely vague definition of its star ratings. Hovering over the stars does not help as there are no pop-ups.
“Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine-learned model instead of a raw data average. The model takes into account factors including the age of a rating, whether the ratings are from verified purchasers, and factors that establish reviewer trustworthiness.”
gold starGOODREADS STAR RATINGS: 1= Did not like it, 2= It was ok, 3=Liked It, 4= Really liked it, 5=It was amazing
B&N: 1= Poor, 2=Fair, 3=Average, 4= Good, 5=Excellent
GOOGLE PLAY BOOKS: 1= Hated it, 2=Didn’t like it, 3=Just Ok, 4= Liked it, 5=Loved it
KOBO: 1= I Hated it, 2=I didn’t like it, 3=It was ok, 4= I liked it, 5=I loved it
NetGalley (Would you recommend?): 1= No, 2=Not Really, 3=Maybe, 4= Yes, 5=Strongly
CBD: 1= Poor, 2=Fair, 3=Average, 4= Good, 5=Excellent (they also ask for a separate 5 bubble review of; Product Quality, Value, Meets Expectation)
Additionally, CBD now requires reviews to be done via Word Pad or Notepad stating in an email to me when I questioned why copy/pasting from MsWord was no longer working for me: “this process was changed recently for security reasons on our site.”
Side note from Christianbook: “Since 1978, Christianbook has been your go-to for Everything Christian for Less.
When we started as Christian Book Distributors, the acronym CBD became common reference for our many devoted customers. In recent years however, it’s become important for us to distinguish ourselves from other CBD-branded businesses.  Since launching on the web in the 1990s we have always been Christianbook.com. We also had the CBD.com site that has always automatically redirected to our official Christianbook.com site. With the potential for brand confusion mentioned above, we’ve decided to stop using the long-standing CBD.com address.
Our online home will now only be at Christianbook.com. We are not moving physical locations or modifying our award-winning services otherwise.  For our customers who reach us by CBD.com, we kindly request that you update your browser bookmarks or favorites to the Christianbook.com address.”

I think it's important to note what a rating on each site means, whether you are shopping or leaving a review.  I have decided if it fits on the site, I will include the site definition for my rating at the bottom trying to stick with each site's system.  So while I may give a 4 on one site, it may only equal a 3 on another site.
Bitmoji Image

Until next time,
Hugs and a cup of gold startea!  

No comments:

Post a Comment