About a week ago, as some of you may recall, I blogged about
a new author. Well, “as way leads on to way”, a former teacup swap-partner (Hi Sam!) sent me an email and she said I might enjoy
another new author and lover of all things tea and Jesus! She introduced me to
June. After looking up her blog and her new book I decided
to take a chance and rather than just putting her book on my online “want to
read” lists, I ordered the paperback, which I actually had enough Amazon points
saved up to cover - YAY! I received it in yesterday’s afternoon post, bumped it to the
top of my pile, brewed a cup of Teavana Youth Berry tea
and wandered into the
garden to stage some pictures I hoped would complement the story. I kicked off my
shoes and began as the breezes blew gently and the birds sang sweetly.
Friends, I cannot recommend this book enough, or rate it
high enough! This book fed my soul and
should truly be sold with a box of tissues.
I read about two-thirds last night and then woke up and grabbed a cup of
Harney and Son’s Chocolate Black Tea topped with Reddi Wip to finish the book
smiling and crying throughout.
•°o•:*:•. The Estate Sale (The Legacy Series#1) –
by June Chapko .•:*:• o°•
![]() |
| Click Photo to Enlarge |
The story is richly woven and begins with 97-year-old Mary
Ludwig who is not long for this world.
She has engaged her nurse and friend, Emily Tucker, to help settle her
estate, planning a very special sale after she retires to be with the
Lord. She has also enlisted her trusted
attorney Seth Gardley. Flyers are given to: Rita Crawford, a struggling artist who
loves Chai, whom Mary enjoyed discussing art with; Sheila Jennings, a neighbor
and garden pal of Mary’s deceased twin, Bertha; Blanca Moreno, a local bus
driver and single mom to her daughter Briana who has struggled for over 20
years since her husband, Carlos, walked out on them.
Spotting the ads in the paper are: Betty Langley who collects
vintage hats, has a large curio cabinet filled with teacups and other
collectibles, age 48, never been married and has her own publishing
company.
Kathy Hills (Kat) is a college student and her dad, Brian,
works for Boeing. It’s just the two of
them these days, since her mom passed away.
Prior to the estate sale, they had never laid on eyes on
each other. After, their lives will
never be the same. The sale brings them
together in a very unique way and they begin “doing life together”. Sometimes
that means celebrating. Other times its
supporting dreams or dealing with tragedy or even something sinister. It is truly special, packed with emotion, love
and friendship set mostly in and around San Antonio, TX.
![]() |
| Click Photo to Enlarge |
Spiritual Moments:
Well, this entire book is a journey filled with faith, but I did not find it to
be in-your-face preachy. Just
comfortable, the way friends who love Jesus weave Him into their everyday lives. I loved it. “When I was younger, and mom was
alive, we had a rocking chair in a corner of the living room. Mom called it her
prayer corner. She kept her Bible on the little side table and after reading a
while she would rock quietly.”
Tea Moment (there
are plenty throughout for this tea lovin girl): “Betty prepared a cup
of Margaret’s Hope tea (which I learned
is a Darjeeling tea – my favorite!) and slipped easily into her recliner,
adjusting the doily that protected the arm.”
Modern story, told in third
person. Also of note, the quality of the paperback is very nice. It’s rather
heavy with 207 nice, sturdy pages. It would make a lovely gift and I am already
making a mental list of who I will share it with! Fun
recipes in the back as well.
![]() |
| CLICK FOR LINK |
(c) Oct. 1, 2018, Franklin Scribes Publ.
5+ Stars
I purchased this book and am
offering my opinions without any compensation or expectation.
![]() |
| Click photo to enlarge / Click here for June's Website |
Connect with the author at JunesTeacupTreasures dot com or on FB at June Chapko. Please join me in praying for June and her novel writing ministry/legacy.
Now here is a bit of teatime fun I spotted on Instagram! :)









This definitely sounds like a book I would enjoy, so I'm headed over to check it out right now. Thanks for all you do to support authors, Heather! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I really think you would Angela! I hope you snag a copy :)
DeleteWarmly,
Heather