Impressive New Author!
Canada, 1837
I was drawn to the name and cover of this book, and I was thoroughly engrossed in the story of Sara, James, Evie, and Henry from start to finish. I mention the children because they are integral to moving things forward. I loved how smart Evie was and how devoted Henry was. Kind, hardworking Sara is trying to outrun her past. I quite liked her. James is driven and doing his best as a single father, beating himself up for not being the 'ideal' husband. Meanwhile, class distinctions are like lines drawn in the sand, and tension runs high, adding to the backdrop of this tale. Additionally, faith is gently layered in, as well as certain characters come to grips with who the Lord is in their lives. I would love to see Evie and Henry 10 or 15 years in the future!! I recommend this 5-star novel and look forward to what is next from this author.
I received an eVersion from the publisher and NetGalley without expectation or compensation. All opinions are mine alone.
Read in 1 sitting/could not put it down!
Until next time, Hugs and a cup of tea,
Heather Elizabeth
Format Published ISBN ASIN Language
I was drawn to the name and cover of this book, and I was thoroughly engrossed in the story of Sara, James, Evie, and Henry from start to finish. I mention the children because they are integral to moving things forward. I loved how smart Evie was and how devoted Henry was. Kind, hardworking Sara is trying to outrun her past. I quite liked her. James is driven and doing his best as a single father, beating himself up for not being the 'ideal' husband. Meanwhile, class distinctions are like lines drawn in the sand, and tension runs high, adding to the backdrop of this tale. Additionally, faith is gently layered in, as well as certain characters come to grips with who the Lord is in their lives. I would love to see Evie and Henry 10 or 15 years in the future!! I recommend this 5-star novel and look forward to what is next from this author.
I received an eVersion from the publisher and NetGalley without expectation or compensation. All opinions are mine alone.
Read in 1 sitting/could not put it down!
Until next time, Hugs and a cup of tea,
Heather Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment