The Seaside Homecoming - On Devonshire Shores 3
12/2024 by Julie Klassen Published by Bethany House Publishers
"She had no desire to make a spectacle of herself or to upset anyone. Yet she needed this— needed God’s presence and the comfort of corporate worship, even as she felt unworthy to join the faithful."
I found book 3, Claire's story, quite satisfying and enjoyable. The return of old characters (sweet Mrs. Denby) and the introduction of new ones was a delight (Mr. William Hammond; guests of Broadbridge's Boarding House). Aunt Agnes was a difficult one and while I cannot agree with her ways, the ending outcome was a great surprise. Even Claire's Mama was difficult for me to reconcile with. However, the extremely touching and unexpected scene near the end with the two of them brought me to tears.
I am greatly looking forward to the conclusion in Sept of next year, when A Sea View Christmas comes out and Sarah finally gets her turn, along with hopefully, dear Callum Henshall.
As an aside, I found it so endearing that Julie Klassen would include various versions of the nickname pumpkin for little Mira, just as Julie's own father called her.
Five Stars
I received this eVersion from NG and the publisher without expectation or compensation. All opinions are mine alone.
11/23/2024
Until next time, Hugs and a cup of tea!
Heather Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment