Friday, November 24, 2023

To Spark A Match by Jen Turano-Five Stars


HUDSON RIVER VALLEY  1888
Jen always pens an excellent read.

Miss Adelaide Duveen's & Mr. Gideon Abbott's story is the one I was waiting for since the last novel. It did not cease to entertain. As per standard protocol with one of Jen's novels, I absolutely had to read it in it's entirety in one sitting.

Quotable:
"I’m twenty-three years old and have been out in society for five Seasons, both winter and summer. It would be next to impossible to convince anyone I’m anything other than peculiar."

I recommend everything Jen writes!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐=Excellent as always!

I was sent this eBook by  NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher.
All opinions are mine alone without expectation or compensation.


Publisher's Synopsis: 
After five unsuccessful Seasons on the marriage mart, Miss Adelaide Duveen has resigned herself to the notion that she's destined to remain a spinster forever--a rather dismal prospect, but one that will allow her to concentrate on her darling cats and books. However, when she inadvertently stumbles upon Mr. Gideon Abbott engaged in a clandestine activity during a dinner party, Adelaide finds herself thrust into a world of intrigue that resembles the plots in the spy novels she devours.

Former intelligence agent Gideon Abbott feels responsible for Adelaide after society threatens to banish her because of the distraction she caused to save his case. Hoping to return the favor, he turns to a good friend--and one of high society's leaders--to take Adelaide in hand and turn her fashionable.

When danger surrounds them and Adelaide finds herself a target of the criminals in Gideon's case, the spark of love between them threatens to be quenched for good--along with their lives.

This is book 2 in The Matchmakers - 11/14/23

Book 1 was A Match in the Making - Feb 2023

Next up: Meeting Her Match - July 2024


Read Date: 9/16/23

𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴  76 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓼 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓮 📚 2023

Reviews posted to GoodReads, Amzn, BAM, B&N, Kobo, Pinterest & IG & of course my blog. 


Click here for Author's Website


May the blessings of the Thanksgiving season surround you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment