![]() |
| AMAZON LINK |
Unlike any collection of Christmas stories I have ever read.
1. Star of Wonder CRYSTAL CAUDILL
1884
☆☆☆☆☆ Well written, full of danger, interesting languages, customs, and faith. I loved it!
2. Beauty Bright CARA PUTMAN
1945
Wow☆☆☆☆☆
A history-rich story filled with excitement featuring Monuments Men. So much is packed into this Novella woven with bits of faith and romance, along with the undercurrent of a post-war society suffering to survive in Germany.
3. Perfect Light ANGELA RUTH STRONG
☆☆☆ Good Story, but not my favorite of the 3.
Very modern. Brendon is funny with his very rapid thoughts flying every which way. Understanding others & and patience play a big role. Faith is still evident, particularly towards the end.
Final Review - These stories, especially the first two are unlike any collection of Christmas stories I have ever read. They take you on a journey through time sharing the history of the Wiese family. I really enjoyed the fresh approach to Christmas from 1 and 2.
#3 for me was just meh; take it or leave it. So that brings my overall review to four stars.
Now I want to pull out my DVD of Monuments Men and rewatch it 😁.
I am especially grateful to Crystal Caudill for asking me to review the book. She always weaves a fantastic tale.
[4⭐= very good]
I was sent this eBook by one of the authors.
All opinions are mine alone without expectation or compensation.
Read Aug 18-23, 2023
𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 70 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓼 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓮 📚 2023

No comments:
Post a Comment