•°o•:*:•. Another Clean Small-town Murder Mystery .•:*:• o°•
Emma Madison and her Siamese kitty, Miriam Haskell, join us during the holiday season (perfect since that is when I am reading the book -smile).
There is a lot happening with the small-town Christmas bazaar, tons of holiday goodies and get-togethers, plus shopping sprees and right in the mix a murder that has everyone concerned. Former characters return from book one and some new ones are introduced keeping us guessing.
Detective Alan Shelton makes it obvious that none of Emma’s help is welcomed. I found him a bit bothersome this time. I enjoyed the turkey toss which helps out the less fortunate and appreciated the occasional prayer and one scripture reference. All of Emma’s designs always sound interesting, particularly the broken bits of Spode Christmas china turned into jewelry and her Ruby and Doris line named for both the character's and the author’s grandmothers. I appreciated two recipes related to the story (see below), at least 3 different hot teas (earl grey, chamomile, green) and of course sweet tea referenced, a link to the author’s Pinterest for inspirational pictures related to the story:
https://www.pinterest.com/angelawmcrae/rubies-and-revenge-by-angela-mcrae/
Once again the killer was difficult to determine. I recommend book two in the series.
4 stars – very good
I won a copy of this book in a raffle graciously held by the author on her website TeaWithFriends.blogspot.com. My opinion is entirely my own. Special thanks to Angela for the book and the lovely autograph to both me and my Aunt Dixie who I will forward it to.
© Sep 28, 2021 Red Adept Publ., 246 pages
SERIES: Junkin’ Jewelry Mysteries
Emeralds and Envy book one,
Rubies and Revenge book two
“Angela McRae began her writing career as a newspaper reporter, initially covering the police beat and then moving on to features. In a small local bookstore, Angela came across, a tea shop mystery set in Charleston, SC. As a longtime tea lover, she had to try it, and she’s been hooked on cozy mysteries ever since. She currently lives with her husband in Georgia. When she’s not writing, she enjoys traveling, cooking, going to afternoon tea with family and friends, and “junkin’” at flea markets and antique malls, where she often finds inspiring artifacts that wind up in her stories. She also writes a monthly cooking column for a local publication, the Coweta Shopper, and enjoys connecting with readers who love to cook.”
Detective Alan Shelton makes it obvious that none of Emma’s help is welcomed. I found him a bit bothersome this time. I enjoyed the turkey toss which helps out the less fortunate and appreciated the occasional prayer and one scripture reference. All of Emma’s designs always sound interesting, particularly the broken bits of Spode Christmas china turned into jewelry and her Ruby and Doris line named for both the character's and the author’s grandmothers. I appreciated two recipes related to the story (see below), at least 3 different hot teas (earl grey, chamomile, green) and of course sweet tea referenced, a link to the author’s Pinterest for inspirational pictures related to the story:
https://www.pinterest.com/angelawmcrae/rubies-and-revenge-by-angela-mcrae/
Once again the killer was difficult to determine. I recommend book two in the series.
4 stars – very good
I won a copy of this book in a raffle graciously held by the author on her website TeaWithFriends.blogspot.com. My opinion is entirely my own. Special thanks to Angela for the book and the lovely autograph to both me and my Aunt Dixie who I will forward it to.
© Sep 28, 2021 Red Adept Publ., 246 pages
![]() |
| some of my Christmas jewlry |
SERIES: Junkin’ Jewelry Mysteries
Emeralds and Envy book one,
Rubies and Revenge book two
“Angela McRae began her writing career as a newspaper reporter, initially covering the police beat and then moving on to features. In a small local bookstore, Angela came across, a tea shop mystery set in Charleston, SC. As a longtime tea lover, she had to try it, and she’s been hooked on cozy mysteries ever since. She currently lives with her husband in Georgia. When she’s not writing, she enjoys traveling, cooking, going to afternoon tea with family and friends, and “junkin’” at flea markets and antique malls, where she often finds inspiring artifacts that wind up in her stories. She also writes a monthly cooking column for a local publication, the Coweta Shopper, and enjoys connecting with readers who love to cook.”
A note about my photos: I thought this book was set during Thanksgiving based on the backside description but after reading, there was so much related to Christmas I decided to stage it again. However, I like the stagings both ways, so tah-da!









No comments:
Post a Comment