Thursday, June 24, 2021

ONE PLUS ONE EQUALS TROUBLE - New to Me Author


One Plus One Equals Trouble Book #1 in Love That Counts Series by Sondra Kraak

GREAT NEW TO ME AUTHOR!

I purchased this eBook back in 2017 and apparently it got lost in my Kindle as I acquired new books.  I had some extra time to read on my vacation and fell in love with this story and the writing style.  It's sweet, faith-filled and makes me want to read the FIVE BOOK series!

Seeing Barrett (Bear) and Claire work together as teachers of 34 students in the one-room mountain schoolhouse of 1891 Pine Creek, Washington was a sweet adventure as they both competed to win the teaching position.  Bear particularly had a gentle way about him that drew me in.  Their banter was a winner for me as was their natural progression toward each other.

The story referenced a Baily, Banks, & Biddle coin silver teapot which I had never heard of.  A quick internet search revealed they are QUITE valuable.  Always fun to learn something new like that.

Baily, Banks & Biddle coin silver teapot
Winning Bid: $3,003 in 2019


FAITH QUOTES:

*"She hadn’t sung of God’s goodness and power, prayed for his grace and protection, and listened to the preaching of his Word to turn her back on him and entrust herself to belief in luck. Luck didn’t send her one thousand miles north. Luck didn’t bring a man like Barrett into her life to . . . what was he doing in her life? . . . to threaten her sanity and rob her of a chance to start fresh. That was God and his sovereignty. A mysterious providence."

*“Answering the call of God is not something we do after the details have been laid out. Nor is it something we do because others want us to do it. It’s something we do because we know it’s right. Because we love him.”

SWEET, TEA QUOTE: "he wanted to kiss grace into her. She smelled like the honey in her tea, and it drew him. Bears liked honey."

GoodReads Star Rating = 4 (really liked it).  I recommend this clean, historical read. I purchased an ebook from Amazon. All opinions are mine alone.

SERIES: LOVE THAT COUNTS (I did not realize the cleverness of the titles until I typed them out! -smile)

One Plus One Equals Trouble

Two Ways Home

Three Words and a Kiss

Four Dreams of You

Five Simple Gifts

© Trail House Publishers

Until Next time, Hugs and a cup of tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment