Sunday, August 16, 2020

NOTHING SHORT OF WONDROUS by REGINA SCOTT

 

Nothing Short of Wondrous - American Wonders Collection - Book 2 - Regina Scott - Revell Publishing (c) Oct. 20, 2020
***ENJOYABLE YELLOWSTONE NATL PARK ROMANCE ***
1886 - Widow Kate Tremaine and her son, Danny, run the Geyser Gateway Inn set in the world's first National Park, rugged Yellowstone, surrounded by erupting mud pots, pine trees, bison, bears and beauty, and occasionally poachers.
Kate has such a passion for Yellowstone that I really like.
Lt. Will Prescott has been assigned to patrol the area. For more than 10 years he's been a cavalryman, but he carries a heavy burden: "Sometimes, he feared even God wouldn't forgive what he'd done."
I loved how Will was immediately drawn to Danny, wanting to make sure he could be a kid and enjoy life. He is a good man and I was drawn to him throughout the story.
I received a complimentary eBook from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own without compensation or further expectation.

((4 Stars=I Really Liked It))
((MY STARS)) 1= Did not like it, 2= It was ok, 3=Liked It, 4= Really liked it, 5=It was amazing

 AMERICAN WONDERS COLLECTION
1 - A Distance Too Grand 10/2019, 2 - Nothing Short of Wondrous 10/2020, 3 - Pending (Set in Mt. Rainer)

PUBLISHERS SYNOPSIS:  It is 1886, and the government has given the US Cavalry control of Yellowstone. For widowed hotelier Kate Tremaine, the change is a welcome one. She knows every inch of her wilderness home like the back of her hand and wants to see it protected from poachers and vandals. 
Refused a guide by Congress, Lieutenant William Prescott must enlist Kate's aid to help him navigate the sprawling park and track down the troublemakers. But a secret from his past makes him wary of the tender feelings the capable and comely widow raises in him. When her 6-year-old son is kidnapped by a poacher who wants the boy to guide him to the place where the last of the Yellowstone bison congregate, Will and Kate must work together to rescue him, save the bison, and protect the park. In doing so, they may just find that two wounded hearts can share one powerful love when God is in control.

SIDE NOTE:  If you have never been to Yellowstone, I highly recommend it.  I still have fond memories of visiting there as a young teenage girl. Yellowstone's beauty found a permanent place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment