Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Pretending To Wed by Melissa Jagears 5 Stars


Pretending to Wed by Melissa Jagears, Book 2 - Frontier Vows - Available May 28, 2020
REALLY GOOD!
I started this book after work on May 20th, stayed up well past my bedtime, and woke early to finish it before work on May 21st!  That's how well it held my attention.  The storyline is very good, as the two main characters learn to work together to pull off a fake marriage to benefit each other. The author touches on some personal issues I don't recall ever reading about in a Christian novel before (the inability to experience pleasure in the bedroom).  I applaud her for taking on the topic in a tasteful way and carefully weaving it into the story since it was taboo in the 1800s and certainly still today with conservatives.  Additionally she deals with the topic of choosing relations before marriage and how devasting that can be as well, especially when promises are made and not kept.  I enjoyed the two main characters, Nolan Key and Corinne Stillwater.  The supporting characters were fun to get to know and the villains were rude, arrogant, and sneaky as you would expect.  The story is set Wyoming Territory, Summer 1884 in a small town.  I would recommend this if you enjoy a western-style setting, a mature topic, with redemption and faith-filled values.

Connect with the author at MelissaJagears dot com
she is genuine and lovely to chat with.
I received a complimentary eBook from the author in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own without compensation or further expectation.
Utmost Publishing
372 Pages, on sale wherever books are sold May 28, 2020 (including Amazon, B&N, Kobo, GooglePlayBooks)

Special thanks to Natalie Monk, my influencer teammate, for the book quote graphics.


Hugs and a cup of tea,





5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment. Your memes are great!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good story. I will add to my "to be read" list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. That's great Melissa. Thanks for letting me know. I am happy I could encourage somebody with my wee corner of the web :)
      Have a very blessed day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kate, so sorry for the late response. For some reason I did not get a notification of your comment. I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by. I am glad you (we) both enjoyed it. The kindred spirit found in a good book is always a delight. :) Have a very blessed day.
    ~Heather Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete