Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Field of Redemption by Lori Bates Wright


•°o•:*:•. Interesting & Different Civil War Era Story .•:*:• o°•
Macon, GA 1864
Abigail McFadden is a “Yankee” nurse serving in the South. Her priority is people, whether on the battlefield, makeshift hospital ward or living on the edge of society in the shantytown.  She has had to start over, and nearly everyone in Macon has been kind and giving to her.  Save for the power-hungry General Farris who is attempting to convince everyone she is a Union spy.
Colonel Ian Saberton is a strong, confident leader. However, he is rather unprepared for a town full of women who demand to be heard and useful in this war.  They have strong ideas, but over time he discovers one in particular needs his help to avoid an unjust hanging. The more involved he becomes, the more he learns about who Abby is and how strong her faith is.  Faith is something he’s put on the shelf since the war started, leading him down a path of destruction. Favorite Quote: Ch. 9 “Abby McFadden was a most peculiar female. Whatever circumstance she got herself into, she acted with all of her heart.”
Young Hickory has returned from book 1 and takes an active role in the story.  He is a wonderful character who is clever, cautious but still happy to be a kid when there is an opportunity despite hardship and loss.
The evil side of men is shown throughout the story, so if you enjoy a strong sense of danger without too much gory detail, this book offers it.  It is countered with Ian’s conviction to serve, protect and conquer injustice at every turn.
The more personal details of what people are worried about and dealing with in wartime were interesting, particularly since this book is told primarily from the southern point of view, and I did enjoy it.
The scene with the Georgia peaches was a particular favorite.



Click for
 Amazon Page
Connect with the author: www.LoriBatesWright.com

About the Author in Her Own Words:
My favorite childhood memories involve sitting around my grandmother's kitchen table listening in while my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles told amazing stories of times gone by. Sometimes I laughed until I'd lose my breath. Sometimes I sat quietly, on the verge of tears, hearing of the bravery and perseverance shown by those who'd gone before me.  What I wouldn't give to have known them. History has been a passion ever since. Couple that with an insatiable love for story and there you have the heart of what inspires me to write books with a timeless message of love and hope. In many ways, I've come full circle. The legacy torch carried by my parents and grandparents has now been passed to me. I pray my novels convey all the charm, romance, wit and wisdom of the past to enlighten and fascinate a whole new generation. I am a child of the Southwest. Raised in New Mexico, I now live in Texas with my husband of 35 years. I have two wonderful grown kids and four grandboys that can leap tall buildings in a single bound! My family is truly the heart of who I am. The only thing I love more than my family (and books) is Jesus. My sincerest hope is that you sense that in my writing. Happy reading! Lori

Sierra Vista Books – 07/23/2019
The author sent me a complimentary book in the hopes of a favorable review.  I was not paid for my opinions which are entirely mine.
4 stars
The Saberton Legacy:
2.     Field of Redemption, Ian Saberton and Abigail’s story
3.     Book 3, Zachary Saberton and Aurora’s story, coming soon

I pray that you are well dear reader.
May your bookshelf & teacup
be filled, and the Spirit of
the Lord guide your path 
in righteousness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment