Saturday, February 23, 2019

The Unexpected Champion – High Sierra Sweethearts Book 3 - by Mary Connealy

Well, friends, I am suffering from a chest cold so this review will be short and sweet.  

***LIKE A BULLET, THIS STORY LEAPS OFF THE PAGE AND DOESN’T SLOW DOWN***
Sierra Nevada Mountains – June 1868
Beginning where “The Reluctant Warrior” left off this book is by far the best in the trilogy!  I really enjoyed it.

John McCall, a Pinkerton agent, has helped haul in the man he just shot to the town of Dismal, NV.  Penny Scott is a strong frontierswoman and ready to give her account of the day’s events to the sheriff.  She can take care of herself.  But, when trouble finds them both and McCall offers to die for her, a long adventurous fight for their lives follows.  The story is romantic, outlandish with the disguises and harrowing at times in the rough boomtowns and terrain of mountains, lakes, old mining shacks and wilderness.  I enjoyed Penny’s and John’s chemistry.  Our previous characters return as well, which rounds out the story nicely.  This group is fiercely protective of each other and won’t stop until everyone is safe and justice found.

The only tea reference (albeit slim) I found: “the front windows let in enough light that they managed to not fall tail over tea kettle to the ground floor.”

Copy provided by Bethany House Publishing via NetGalley with no other compensation.  I am not required to provide a favorable review and my opinion is my own. Please read other reviews for a more well-rounded purchasing decision.  


High Sierra Sweethearts Series:
1 – The Accidental Guardian – April 2018☆☆☆☆☆
2 – The Reluctant Warrior – October 2018 ☆☆☆
3 – The Unexpected Champion – coming March 5, 2019☆☆☆☆☆

Connect with the author at Mary Connealy dot com

Until next time, hugs and a cup of tea,






No comments:

Post a Comment