Wonderfully Woven Story of Hope and Peril
More Than Meets the Eye – A Patchwork Family Novel - by Karen Witemeyer
More Than Meets the Eye – A Patchwork Family Novel - by Karen Witemeyer
Three unlikely and unrelated orphans have banded together to scratch their way into a respectable life and makeshift family under the name of Hamilton. Zach is the brisk older brother who does whatever it takes to provide for the family he never asked for. Seth is a suffering asthmatic with excellent business skills and Evangeline is an innocent young woman who refuses to let her heterochromia (two mismatched eyes) define her character, despite the ignorance and lack of compassion from the locals. Each one passionately and fiercely loves the others and will care for them come hell or high water.
Logan Fowler has secretly returned to Pecan Gap, looking for justice for his family who was abruptly forced from their home when he was a teen. He is camping out on the edge of the Hamilton’s ranch when he unexpectedly observes Evangeline about to be attacked by a wild boar and his moral compass just can’t let that happen.
Circumstances twist and turn and danger arrives unexpectedly when Logan and Evangeline observe someone throwing something into the river which forces these people to work together.
Tough turnips was a phrase I had never heard that made me laugh. I might have to steal that one!
I really enjoyed this story and discovering the onion layers being peeled back from each character. The danger element elevated the tale, and the faith-filled moments were touching as well. Evangeline was so special and really brought joy and hope to everyone. I highly recommend this 5-star story and look forward to the next one.
You may do so at: http://www.karenwitemeyer.com/ or at
The Posse FB group fan page: CLICK HERE where the ladies in the group build community like no other group I have experienced! Truly a blessing.
Thank you to Bethany House Publishing who sent me a review copy. My opinion is my own without expectation or compensation.






That was a wonderful review and such a terrific book! The strength of family, the power of forgiveness, the gift of love, and the fun of a good pun or two!! I loved it! I think "Patchwork" says it well- it all comes together to make something more beautiful than any one part! (and I think we are all glad it's just the beginning of a SERIES!)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kathleen. It really was great!!! I also love the Patchwork note. :)
Delete