– A Herringford and
Watts Mystery eNovella
by Rachel McMillan
![]() |
| Download from Amazon or CBD, etc. depending upon your choice of eReader. |
FIRST, I AM IN LOVE WITH HER COVER STYLE!
Round of
applause to artist, Nicole Dougherty!!!
•°• ENJOYABLY
DIVERTING •°•
October 1911, Toronto, Canada to start, and then moving on
to Concord & Boston, Massachusetts, America
Told in first person, again, by Jem
So smack me, because I could not wait for the full length
book to arrive in the post, and I downloaded this eNovella which comes AFTER
that book and read it out of order! Oh, well.
I loved it! However, you really
should read them in order, because this caused some spoilers for me. This is a light and fun mystery, which
follows our two female detectives on another adventure; dressing in disguises,
bantering with their love interests, and sometimes jumping the gun on possible
outcomes, which leads them into trouble! This time around, they are to track down a friend of a friend’s missing
sister in America. The clues they follow
send them in the direction of Louisa May Alcott’s famous Orchard House.
![]() |
| From left to right: Louisa (seated on the ground), Mrs Alcott, Frederick Pratt (Anna's older son, in a baby carriage), Anna Alcott Pratt, and Mr Alcott |
Read
more about Orchard House on their FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/louisamayalcottsorchardhouse/?fref=ts
FUN LEMONNY STUFF: I FB messaged the author regarding lemon jam and lemon sandwiches, which were mentioned in the story. I had never heard of either.Ch. 7 - “Ray DeLuca, this is delicious.” “My Nonna made it when Vi and I were little,” he explained. “She taught me how. Said I could impress a girl someday.” {{{smiles!!!!}}}
Rachel kindly sent me these two links.
“Lemon curd is one of my FAVOURITE things in
tarts and sandwiches” -Rachel McMillan
Click here: LEMON CURD
Amusing Quotes: Ch. 3 - “Rather ridiculous, I thought,” George sniffed. “Wouldn’t want a woman
of mine dressing in trousers.” Though his tone was cordial, his words had
Mirinda gripping her soup spoon so tightly her knuckles went white.”
Throughout the stories, a favorite line of Mirinda’s is “Cracker
jacks!” I love how she says this!!!
Faith: – Love is the essence of God. (faith is lightly sprinkled in this book).
Tea Moments:
Ch. 3 - I rearranged my hair and happily accepted the teacup
and biscuits the maid brought on a tray.
Ch. 7 – On our last morning in Boston, we sat at tea, while
the chauffeur saw to our luggage.
DO: read her dedications. She quotes Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock, sharing her inspiration for the titles of her books!
This author: is very approachable through her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/rachkmc
| author photo |
I purchased and downloaded this eNovella from Amazon. {btw, I never purchase eBooks, since there are so many free ones already sitting in my Kindle, but these I could not resist since there are no hard copies available! Boooo! Yay for paperbacks! - smile}
Overall, I would recommend this book to a friend.
5 stars
© May 31, 2016 Harvest House Pub.
7 chapters + epilogue
Read: 6/02/2016
Reviewed: 6/7/2016
Others In Series:
*A Singular & Whimsical Problem – A Herringford and Watts
Mystery (eNovella) 12/2015 {My review: CLICK HERE}
*The Bachelor Girl’s Guide to Murder 04/01/2016
*A Lesson in Love and Murder 9/1/2016
Hugs & A Cup of Tea,




Love LOVE your review!!! The pictures are perfect! I was curious about the lemon jam too lol :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Rachel. Excited to be part of the influencer team with you for Rachel's next book! Yay us!!! :)
Delete