Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tea Cup & Mug Exchange ERS7

Today is the link up party for Stephanie's Enchanting Rose Swap 7 !!!
For me this has been a while in the making because I mailed out my swap goodies so quickly & in turn received my box quickly as well.  I am very happy to finally get to share this all with you today!  So, let's get to it!
Here is my package arriving on my porch!  I created the above hashtag so others on Instagram could join in the fun if desired!

I received the MOST FANTASTICALLY personalized bucket of goodies!
I was blessed to have Erika from Alabama send to me.  She really did her homework browsing my blog to find out just what I would like!  I do not think I have ever had such a wonderfully customized gift!


She saw that I like mugs that speak to my spirit & chose this one featuring Ecclesiastes 3:1.  It features a tree for each season.  The handle is awesome because you can get all your fingers in it!  She also found one of my favorite seasonal teas; Harney & Sons Pumpkin Spice (herbal).  If you don't already know it, you can also find this tea in a bright orange tin at Trader Joe's.  It is EXACTLY the same tea (repackaged for TJs) & slightly more affordable if you are lucky enough to have a TJs near you!
This tea just evokes feelings of Autumn for me, and since we So Cal girls don't get much Autumn in true season, we make due "pretending".  BTW, 2 sachets make a whole pot, so it's very economical. 

Here is a closeup of three other items in the cute Autumn tin.  A selection of my favorite color writing sticks from Crayola.  I have never seen anything like this before, and I literally squealed with delight!  Next, some charming tea themed note cards - be still my heart.  And 3rd, some orchard peach artisan tea from a local dealer in her area.  I have yet to slow down long enough to brew this, but I CAN tell you it smells heavenly. The business card is so unique, as it is made out of wood.

Lovely Lady Stephanie instructed us to each send a thank you note to our shippers.  I had every intention of doing so, but then I spotted a gorgeous mug with feminine curves featuring an E & just had to send that along to Erika.  I included a couple of bags of the pumpkin spice tea in case she had not gotten any for herself, and some cranberry biscuit tea cookies.

Here is the box I shipped out.  Can you tell I had fun decorating it?  It was all I could do to not spoil the surprise and say, Hey, expect a box on your front porch!

Here is Erika's Instagram picture (printed with her permission), featuring her thank you mug!

We have become Instagram friends and I am enjoying getting to know her better thanks to this swap!!

The person I was assigned to ship to is Lynn over at Quaker Hill Farm blog.  Because I had THREE different swaps I was participating in, I mailed my boxes post-haste which was super fun to take to the post office!  Who doesn't love sending Happy Mail?



Here is what I put in Lynn's box.  I decided to decorate the inside flaps of the lid with printed pictures of happiness.  Thinking outside the box, I sent her a giant soup mug with lid, and I included some soup as well.

Here is a quick little craft I came up with to dress up the candle I sent to her (Febreze candle, seasonal duct tape, fabric circle, rubber band). Try it! ;)


Lynn didn't just send me a simple thank you... oh, no! She sent me a fun video!!  I hope it works so you can see it, but if not, here is a link to her blog post featuring her own post about all of this :)
Quaker Hill Farm Mug Exchange

This sure has been fun!  Be sure to follow Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose where I am linking up today.  Her next swap is slated for the spring.  She is such a treasure and an inspiration. 

Thanks for joining me today!
Blessings and a cup of tea,
Heather Elizabeth

22 comments:

  1. Oh Heather! What fun this has been! Thank you so much my dear for everything once again! You have a wonderful week and your post is wonderful! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. It was my pleasure! :) You enjoy your week as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Heather, I am grinning from ear-to-ear right now. I absolutely LOVED Lynn's video - what a fabulous idea and such a personal way of saying thank you. I loved the items you sent to Lynn and I loved the items you received. Such love was put into each package.

    Bless you, my friend, for joining the fun. And bless you for being my shoulder to lean on when I was struggling with a few things earlier on in the swap. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always here for you! Thank you again for all of your efforts. God bless!!!!

      Delete
  3. This swap is such a blessing to everyone involved - even to those of us who haven't been able to as yet. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing what you have sent and received :) and obviously so have others.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Diana. Thank you for dropping by. I'm happy you are enjoying the virtual swap. Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you liked your package! I had no idea that a little mug exchange would be such a blessing!!
    P.S. I love your new font ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika! Glad you got to view my page. You are speaking my love language when you talk about fonts! I was happy to see I actually had some choices when I went into the page layout section. I wanted to change up my page a bit for Fall :)
      I just read your post over on Nat's page... that sure was nice of her. This has indeed been lovely. I was totally going to bow out this year because of the two other swaps I was in, but in the literally the final hour, I jumped on board! Glad I did, so I could meet you :)
      Have a blessed afternoon/evening.
      Heather

      Delete
  5. OH what a fun post to read Heather, what a great idea to make a video and send, Lynn was so thoughtful !The gifts you received from Erika, and the ones you sent to Lynn are absolutely precious, so much thought was put into those packages, this was indeed a great way to meet and make new friends, thank you for sharing,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thank you for stopping by. Yes, it has been wonderful all the way around... except, my heart does go out to those who fell short on their commitments & the ladies who got "left behind". Hopefully, all is well with them, and Stephanie sure was kind to make up for it. I hope you have enjoyed your experience if you participated as well :)
      Blessings, Heather

      Delete
  6. This has certainly a joy to be a part of. You received and gave many wonderful gifts! I am looking forward to the next exchange in the spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Debby, and your kind words. Blessings, Heather

      Delete
  7. Hi Heather, Oh I just loved your post and the addition of the video. You are such a doll and this was so unique to do. Love it and also your wonderful gifts received. So nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. I have really enjoyed my visit here to your lovely blog and now I am your newest follower.
    Yes, this has been so much fun and once again our dear Stephanie has blessed us with a wonderful event bringing new friends from all over together. Have fun!! Blessings
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Celestina. How lovely of you to drop by & take the time to leave such kind comments, and EVEN to follow me. I don't post often, but I welcome you when I do!! :) Blessings to you as well & happy weekend! ~Heather

      Delete
  8. Oh Heather, what a sweet post. Isn't this exchanging fun? This is my first time but certainly not my last!

    You look SO adorable amidst those teacups! That's a classic ride for sure.

    The best part of this all is knowing you and Lynn are becoming fast friends. That's the true treasure in this swap! : - )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michelle,
      I am surprised it's your first time. I feel like I see you pop up often in the blogisphere (is that just me?) and I always smile when I see you. Are you a member of the FB page Afternoon Tea Across America?
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/AfternoonTeaAcrossAmerica/
      If not, you would be most welcome!
      Re: the friendships... they are fun to cultivate. Erika & I are certainly having fun on Instagram!
      How about you?
      Blessings and have a lovely weekend sweet Michelle.
      ~Heather

      Delete
  9. I love happy mail and yours was really happy...I can't get over the Crayola purple pack!!! Your mug is precious and Erika from Alabama did a fantastic job with your goodies!!!
    Isn't this the most fun swap ever!!! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olivia... I have an Olivia in my daycare too! -smile.... Yes, Erika did a wonderful job. It is a great swap; especially reveal day! Have a lovely weekend :)
      ~Heather

      Delete
  10. No wonder your heart was skipping a beat or two. Your pretties you received are lovely; as are the lovely gifts you sent out. This has been such a delightful tea cup/mug swap......there will be a oodles of ladies from all over the world playing 'ladies' whilst sipping tea or indeed coffee from their pretty new tea cups/mugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim!!! How are you? I have not connected with you in some time. Today, our weather has finally dipped a teeny bit into the mid 80s! Uuuug. I wish we had Fall here. But, alas.... I shall be grateful we are not have severe weather issues as some people on the East Coast U.S.A. are. Anyhow, T.G.I.F. AND of course... every day is TEAday! :) Blessings to you, Heather

      Delete
  11. What fun packages! I'm a fellow purple fan so I also loved the Crayola set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been a busy gal! Love your post...so much fun! I just thought the mug package was just sooo creative.

    ReplyDelete