Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tea Video, More Teamail and Teawares


I am in love with this video.  10 minutes of tea bliss and nostalgia.
There are some wonderful tips, and with Memorial Day approaching the vintage troops are a wonderful look back.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy!



As for me, today I am drinking RMS Titanic Tea from Harney & Sons.
Delilah gives it her paw of approval.

This tea is very strong and rich, reminiscent of a breakfast blend.  I needed to tone it down with a splash of milk. The side shows the ingredients as Keemun, Assam, Ceylon & Oolong.  It recommends 5 min. brewing time, but that is WAY to strong for me and begins to turn bitter in my experience.

More Tea-mail arrived yesterday... probably because I keep ordering it! HA!
It included the above Titanic Tea, a couple of free samples (happy dance!), and the 2 tins of Mother's Bouquet I ordered, plus the H&S teacup.
I just checked (5/21) & you can still get Mother's Bouquet on sale at Harney.com/sale.

The cup, is a little uncomfortable in that I have to "squeeze" 2 fingers in, but I'm still happy to have it.

The charming little Peter Rabbit cup and Bowl are another one of my finds from Home Goods this past weekend.  A little pricey for me at $13, but I thought it was still a good deal considering what these can retail for.  The bottom indicates Wedgwood England since 1759, and Frederick Warne & Co. 2014.

Does anyone else's heart swoon when they read Warne & Co.?  I drift back to the movie Miss Potter and the tragic loss of her first love, Mr. Warne.
This little cup holds a tealightful 6oz. so it's quite perfect for a cuppa.



Enjoy your day my friends! ~Heather Elizabeth

I may be sharing at the following parties:

11 comments:

  1. Yes I like your finds as well, I particularly like the shape of the Harney and Sons teacup. Lucky you getting some free samples.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just watched the the six rules for tea making, very enjoyable. :)

      Diana

      Delete
    2. Thank you Diana. I know! I saved it in my YouTube favorites!!

      Delete
  2. I chuckled when I read, "More Tea-mail arrived yesterday... probably because I keep ordering it!". The Harney & Sons teas available north of the border are limited. It's just as well as I am trying to limit my tea purchases until I finish some of my other teas first (we'll see how long my resolve will last!).

    Your Peter Rabbit cup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margie. I'm glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  3. Love the teacup and saucer! Miss Potter is one of my favorite movies. I could watch it over and over again and still cry every time. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful video! and I laughed out loud at "tea mail"! new to your blog but just joined when I saw tea, The titanic and a too cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy the tea video...such splendid memorabilia ( ha Ha) ..It really made me smile and I think I got the 6 rules....I must show this to my mother who is 92 and actually worked in the wartime canteens...She may remember this .... I love the Miss Potter movie... and your little teacup is delightful ... Thanks for this charming teatime... SEE...I have a smile on my face....hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zaa May... scrolling back through old posts/comments. Did your mother enjoy the video? What were her thoughts?
      ~Heather

      Delete
  6. Tea time has such a relaxing effect, doesn't it. Love to sit with a good cup of tea, a great book and quiet time. Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved this, my friend :) The video was such a treat to watch. Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete