Thursday, May 28, 2015

Gardenias and Grace


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  

2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV


Today, a lovely little gift I won from Angela over at: Tea With Friends arrived in the post.  It is this lovely chintz teacup & saucer, which highly reminds me of Cath Kidston designs.  


It says it is Grace Teaware, and while I don't usually name my cups, I am calling her 'Gracie'.  I have a niece whose middle name is Grace, so I think she will like this. The 2 nieces address all my cards to: AunTea :)



I bought a new phone a couple of days ago. (The Samsung Galaxy Note4).  I jumped from an 8 megapixle camera, to 16mp!  So, I had fun taking pictures of Gracie and playing with the editing software a bit.









Isn't she pretty with the evening sun shining on her?



 And I love using this plant stand with a bit of rust, mixing textures against the elegance of a teacup.




There were not very many gardenias left on my bush, so I decided to pick them ...



and fill Gracie to overflowing.

Now, I can enjoy the heavenly fragrance in my kitchen.

Thank you Angela!


Playing with a pre-loaded photo app.



I saw this on FB today and literally laughed out loud, thinking, "Yep, that's about right!"  A quick save and edit to add my name, and here you have it.
tea hee!

But seriously, I am so thankful that God's grace truly is sufficient for me.  That His mercies are new every morning, and for the amazing power and love that comes from being delivered and set free by the Son of God.  I pray you share this peace with me friends.

 I hope you enjoyed visiting with me, and although a little late, I pray your Thursday was a blessed one!
~Heather Elizabeth


I may be sharing at the following parties:

14 comments:

  1. So, so happy to see your teacup made it safe and sound, and I hope you get lots of enjoyment from it! And I love the gardenias in it! My gardenia hasn't bloomed yet this year, so I'm just going to enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning Angela's giveaway! Love the teacup's pretty teal colour!

    I'm amazed by the capabilities of the latest camera phones. Your new camera phone has even more megapixels than my compact camera. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely teacup, the teal colour is so nice. The gardenias look very pretty in the cup, a perfect spot for them.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very enjoyable post, great photos. Congratulations on your winning gift, it too is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so glad you won! Congratulations! I LOVE the tombstone! Lol! We used to live in an area where we could grow gardenias, I think that's one thing I have really missed! My iPhone is several years old...I may have to upgrade....Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea cup is beautiful! I am visiting from Roses of Inspiration. Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tombstone is a hoot. And Gracie is so pretty! I love that colour and sprinkled with posies makes her a very delightful teacup. Congrats for winning her! Isn't it amazing what phones can do nowadays? Your photos are wonderfully clear. Thanks for joining me for tea and have a beautiful day, Heather.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo "ran out of tea" is really funny :-) May I copy? :-D
    Congratulations by the way, that is a lovely tea cup set and I love the photos and the flowers you took with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Gracie is gorgeous! Does remind me of Cath Kidsten. Love, love the color! I bet the Gardenias smelled fabulous! I love that they call you Auntea!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS ....The tombstone made me laugh ( ha Ha) Such a pretty teacup to win... and also a special gift... the colour is so warm ...You did good with a new phone...super pictures...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. The teacup is so pretty. I love the color of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on winning that pretty teacup! The teal is so nice with all the blooms--both on the teacup and in the teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sweet friend, it's always a joy to visit with you :) I have been wanting to sit down and simply write you a letter....hopefully I will do that soon. This weekend is my church's 40th anniversary so we will be very busy Saturday and Sunday. Today I will hopefully get some cookies and brownies baked.

    Your tea cup is so beautiful - congrats on winning! I love the color of it and the little flowers are very sweet. Thank you, dear one, for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely teacup to win! and the photo of the tombstone is just a riot!!!

    ReplyDelete