Thursday, January 5, 2017

CONTENT - A word for 2017

📖 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be CONTENT:
Philippians 4:11 NKJV
💖🍃⏰🍃💖




I love choosing a word to embrace @ the beginning of a new year that will speak life, and glorify the Lord. For me that word is content. It is interesting how easily those "little foxes creep in to spoil the vines", isn't it? We believe we need to post more pictures, which means time for staging more pictures, & editing, buying props, etc. so we too can effectively engage social media. 

I found myself sucked into that world in the last couple of years. Buying more teacups than I have room for, ordering things I don't need, such as the ever-popular "vintage", etc. 

Just checking social media to see if I've missed anything when I could be cleaning the clutter, doing chores, loving the people around me, reading books, and of course reading God's Word; exercising, whatever.

The lust for collections & social media seems to be a form of gluttony, that has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Luckily in May, I made a commitment with my dad to read the entire Bible before the end of 2016. It was not always easy. But, we encouraged each other & succeeded just before Christmas.
a little graphic I made to commemorate finishing The Word
 The refreshment was so amazing & welcomed in my life. I have deleted my participation in various social pages, & unfriended those who aren't helping me grow in Christ, reduced my blogging,  and plan to give away things that are out of control in my home. I find I have to make a CONSCIOUS EFFORT to not reach for my phone!!! Uuugh...a hard habit to break. So please pray for me if you would. My goal, & I believe God's will for me, is to become more content with what I have. 

Here is a recent moment, out with new friends from church.
Lori, Lisa, Heather, Carol, Terri
We drove to look at Christmas lights, and then had dinner at The Corner Bakery, where we fellowshipped and got to know each better.   It was a lovely time of sharing and laughing.
My annual kitty picture & my copy of Santa Mouse
that I have had since 1971.
I pray that you also will enjoy contentment in your own life, and find joy in the sweetest of little blessings already around you.

Hugs and a cup of tea,


2 comments:

  1. Heather, just before Thanksgiving I had come to feel the same way about my day to day life. I do understand how you feel. I took a break and just returned to blogging yesterday but will try to keep it under control, so maybe my 2017 word should be 'control'. To have self Control which is what I believe the Lord would be pleased with and it goes along with 'Content'. Saying no to ourself about things we really don't need and overdoing.
    Praying for you to accomplish your goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning dear Sylvia. Your word reminds me of the fruit of the spirit passages:
    [Gal 5:22-24 NKJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    I pray you also accomplish your goals. Thank you for sharing your heart with me. God bless you!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete