Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Jane Austen Fun and Mug Swap Received

Goodbye August!

Somebody posted this on FB and I thought it was fun.  Want to play along?  Here is my Regency Name: Lady Elizabeth Annesley of Shortfield Castle
Now, how elegant is that?!




 Previously I shared with you here the #mugswap16 box I put together to send out.  Today, I received mine from another swapper.  Carmen sews fun goodies, such as this mug rug and table runner, through her Instagram shop @MaxeenLandShop. She also added a scarf, made by her mom.  The roses on the mug are very sweet. Thank you Carmen. Note the backside of the table runner...
It just so happened I posted a picture of my kitty, Delilah, before the box arrived.  She is sitting on a vintage sheet (same fabric) covering my office chair - because, duh, kitty hair!  She is our scaredy-cat and does not often pose for photos.
I had some fun taking pictures of the sunflowers I bought earlier this week.  I enjoyed them greatly with The Word, toasted Irish soda bread, and Harney and Sons Vanilla Comoro tea.


I love how the evening sun cascades over the flowers.

I can not wait for cooler days my friends, but until then, may the Lord bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you.
Hugs and warm cup of tea,



6 comments:

  1. You received some lovely items, my friend. I just love the mug rug and the mug itself is quite pretty.

    LOVED the regency name game. My name is Amelia Long of Waventon House. I would love to share it on Facebook, if I may {{smiles}}

    Enjoy the first day of September. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun this little Jane Austen game was... My name would be... Lady Maria Jones of Northfield Castle! {{Smiles}}
    And what a delightful package you received from your mug swap partner...I love swaps! {{Smiles}}
    Happy September to you, dear Heather...
    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun, encouraging post...thank you! Cute kitty, reminds me of Susan Branch's Jack. Sunflowers are the 'theme' of my Poppet, a 1965 Scotty camper.
    My Regency name....Dorothea Long of Warbury House and one of my favorite bloggers is Dorothea, aka Dori, in the Bavarian Alps, Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra. I am glad you enjoyed my post. I think Delilah more closely resembles Susan Branch's Girl Kitty. Sadly, I read today that Girl Kitty passed on :(
      I like your regency name. Very elegant. I would love to see your camper! Sounds delightful. Have a very blessed day sweet lady!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  4. Hello Heather,
    I came across your blog through another blog you commented on. This game is fun! I'm Lady Susan Long of Stockmead Abbey. Can I post this game on my blog?

    ReplyDelete