Wednesday, July 6, 2016

An Elegant Façade Book Review

I received this book in the post on Saturday, 7/2/2016 ~ OH HAPPY DAY!  I practically kissed the mailman, because it was a 3 day weekend and all my plans just got modified around this lovely book!

My choice of scripture for this novel would be: 
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."  Romans 8:1 ESV

1800 Hertfordshire, Regency Era, England

This book overlaps the last book, but from a different perspective.  Georgina Hawthorne has a big secret.  To protect herself, she is determined to find a WEALTHY aristocrat and secure a marriage proposal before the season ends.  She plays the spoiled brat within her family, but only Harriette, her most trusted ladies maid, knows the real Georgina.
Colin McCrae is a self-made, wealthy businessman. But, with no title, most people keep pushed to the edge of social situations.  However, Ryland (main character from book 1), Duke of Marshington has a long history with Colin, and continually drags him into his schemes, which thrust him into the middle of “society”.  To that end, he will encounter Lady Georgina, and begin to observe her.  He quickly decides she is a brainless twit, out for one thing.  But, time, and God will begin to reveal her layers, until one day he accidentally stumbles upon her secret. 

There is much drama in this story, and wonderful description of scenery and clothing. I really love the banter between Colin and Georgina, as well as Colin and Ryland and Ryland’s servants. I also like the strength in each of the men.  I cannot wait for Trent Hawthorne and Griffith Hawthorne’s stories to be revealed.  God and faith are wonderfully wound into the story, particularly as it progresses.


TEA SCENE: Pg. 53 “The wild scent of Colin’s favorite tea preceded Taggert into the room.  He left the tea tray on the edge of the desk before gathering Colin’s discarded jacked and cravat and leaving the room.  Silent, efficient, and exactly what Colin normally wanted.”

FACEBOOK LAUNCH PARTY: I enjoyed attending the FB launch party for this book on July 5th.  There were several discussion questions and we (fans) got to interact with each other and the author.  I decided to get fancy and (virtually) choose (from etsy) this lovely ensemble for the event.  I posted it and several others took their cue and did the same. :)  There were opportunities for prizes (winners pending), and the insider scoop for some things, such as what characters get books of their own, and...

etsy store
who the author imagined her characters as.


5 stars

© 7/5/2016 Bethany House
355 pages
I received a free copy from Bethany House Publ., in exchange for my honest opinion, with no other compensation, which I am privileged to provide.
Read: 07/02&03/2016 - Reviewed: 07/06/2016



Hawthorne House Series
A Lady of Esteem – FREE Novella – 7/1/2015
A Noble Masquerade – Book 1  - 9/8/2015 {which, I describe as You've Got Mail, Regency Style}
An Uncommon Courtship – Book 3 – 1/3/2017
Untitled thus far – Griffith Hawthorne’s Story, which author stated at her FB launch party referenced above, is in the works! Yay!
Kristi Ann Hunter - click here for her website
In case you did not know  (heehee)



Until next time friends, hugs and a cup of tea!


10 comments:

  1. Love the FaceBook launching party. Love all the pictures on whom the characters are based. Love that real men wear cravats! (Haha!) Can't wait to read this book and more of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky. So glad you enjoyed my review. I did have a lot of fun putting this one together and grabbing fun pics! Yes, that cravats one grabbed me too! heehee. Hope you enjoy the book!
      Blessings, Heather

      Delete
  2. Ahhh....so tempted to read this, but can't because I am starting this book soon! Will come back after my review is up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh....so tempted to read this, but can't because I am starting this book soon! Will come back after my review is up! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel... you should be fine to read this review. It will not interfere with you reading the book at all. There are no spoilers, and lots of fun pictures. So no worries.
      Fondly, Heather

      Delete
  4. Great post and fun pix. I think I would enjoy this book...nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Linda! So glad to have you pop in.
      Blessings,
      Heather :)

      Delete
    2. ps: I just realized (from popping to your blog), you are my ATAA friend! Heeeellllloooo dahhling :)
      Lovely to see a friend here!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like it has a bit of fun in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it has a bit of fun in it.

    ReplyDelete