Friday, March 11, 2016

Teatime Blessings

It is always so nice to bless others, for in the giving there is great reward.  Don't you think?  I decided to send this "Grace Teawares" cup & saucer and a few goodies to a member of our FB tea group when she had to drop out of the Easter teacup swap due to health reasons.  I knew she was looking so forward to it, so what a bummer she could not participate.
Here is how I packaged it, both outside and inside.  Taping images you find on the internet inside the flaps is an easy way to add extra joy to the package!  I can't take complete credit for the Unspeakable Joy & Grace Like Rain ideas I colored on the outside of the box. I follow a crafter on IG who came up with them & puts them on all sorts of cute things. All of her proceeds go towards adopting kids! You can find her here: FRESH PICKED GRACE



Now imagine my surprise, when my dad showed up for a visit this week with a belated birthday gift for meeeeee. :-)



Summer River (c) BV Copyright, Delton Products Corp. Fine Collectibles, made in China.
The colors are so lovely and I have not seen this pattern or heard of the company.


Sadly, a quick check of the internet reveals you can not easily browse the Delton website, as they require you to register with them. Lame!



My dad found these in, of all places, a Danish restaurant called Valhalla in Visalia, CA.  Apparently, you have to walk through their gift shop to get to the dining room, making it a very expensive dining experience! (per my dad).  Anyhow, I am so touched at his thoughtfulness, and am in love with my new teawares.
The backdrop for my tea pictures are these
tangelos and...
these wonderful blooms on the tree.  If you
listen closely you can hear the buzzing of
the bees hard at work!


Have a wonderful day and be a blessing! :)



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing you did! I like how the box is decorated. I think it makes it really fun and special!

    What a wonderful gift you received, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed it Deanna. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather, this is such a beautiful blog. I'm touched. Thank you for everything from us corresponding, the chocolate carrots, the box of tea, the darling Easter card & of course the beautiful tea cup shown above & the box inside and out was so darling ~ all will be cherished forever xo Thank you for such a lovely surprise & especially your sisterhood/friendship xo May our Creator bless you & yours forever xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a big and kind heart, my friend! You always amaze me with your love and generosity for others :) Your Easter tea cup swap sounds lovely and I'm sure the member of the group was happily surprised.

    The tea set from your dad is simply lovely! What a sweet pattern and so perfect for spring. Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration...it's so good to have you at the party. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather. You won't even believe this. I found this post of yours early this week and FELL IN LOVE with this tea set. I snapped pics to keep on the lookout for it even! Today, my first of two swap packages arrived (I'm in the Enchanted Rose swap!!! Found out about it from the tea Facebook page YOU originally invited me to). And guess what? I received the EXACT same tea cup and pattern as the one your father gave you above! I'm floored, it's like God is having a little fun with me through this! What are the odds??? I'm just so excited πŸ˜„.
    Blessings to you and thank you for leading me to all of this through that original FB page invite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather! I'm so excited for you!! What a truly fun story. Sorry I'm a little late to the party so to speak, but I just came back to check this posting and link it to a friend. Glad I did!! Blessings to you my friend.

      Delete
    2. Oh Heather! I'm so excited for you!! What a truly fun story. Sorry I'm a little late to the party so to speak, but I just came back to check this posting and link it to a friend. Glad I did!! Blessings to you my friend.

      Delete