Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day



"People said I was too broken, but God
said somethin different. He said He'd take me
with my bruises and my scars. 
He never said life would be easy. It can still be tough.
But, I know this: I've got hope." Quote from above song.

Patrick was born in 389AD, in Britain. He became
a slave in Ireland when he was kidnapped @ age 16.
He gave his heart to Christ around 22. Later, he
escaped to a monastery in France. At age 40, God
gave him an intense dream that led him back to
Ireland to share the salvation message during a
very dangerous time. He felt completely inadequate
to preach & used many illustrations: the most
remembered, of course, is the SHAMROCK whose
3 leaves illustrate the holy trinity: God the Father,
Jesus the Son, The Holy Spirit - 3 in 1.
Patrick died March 17, 461.

Irish Tea Time Blessing Grace: God willing, may our tea be steeped in serenity, sweetened by sharing, and surrounded by the warmth of your love. {Willow Tree Kitchen Angel}


My Arklow Fine IRISH Bone China Cup & Saucer

My Wee Kitchen Shelf shown upper left,
followed by a few close-ups.
Fun & Silly Irish Song for kids
about why we have no unicorns today.
Unicorn Song ~ The Irish Rovers


Wishing you always --
Walls for the wind
And a roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart might desire!


Have a blessed Remembrance Day friends.

4 comments:

  1. Heather, what a sweet post. Thank you for those encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you for stopping by. I am glad you were blessed.

      Delete
  2. Love the words to that song! And that tea time blessing. Your photos are always lovely. And you inspired me to go out and buy that Willow Tree Angel (as well as the teacup and saucer). I have some ancestors who were from Northern Ireland, and it's always held a special place in my heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heidi. My dad has traced our Irish ancestors all the way back to early 1700. How fun that you are adding to your teatime treasures. Blessings.

      Delete