Friday, March 18, 2016

Garden Tea with Olivia Rose


Music to go with this Irish themed tea :)
Today, March 18th, I had an opportunity to have tea in the garden with Miss Olivia Rose.  I finally got to have that Irish tea I had been longing for (Twinings Irish Breakfast, Irish soda bread with raisins, & Kerrygold butter).

We walked around the garden and commented on what we saw, taking in lovely fragrances, and noting on how awesome God is 
to create such wonder.
Max kept a close eye on us, 
as well as the birdies, 
and really anything that rustled, moved, or made a noise.
Tea for two (Navel or Valencia oranges... I forget which tree is which)
Click here to shop for stationary and various tea gifts.
My newly arrived teacup & saucer & 
some fun stationary.
saucer states: Bavaria Schumann Arzberg Germany
Pattern is Florida.  However, since Californians also
grow lots of citrus, I fell in love with this set.
Note that the saucer is #39...

while the cup is #40.  Interesting.
Click Here to shop for teawares from Grandma Rae
Best of all, the price was only $5.00!!!
Click here to shop for pillows and other tea fabric items from Grandma Rae
I also ordered this sweet "lemons in a teacup" pillow.  It was only
$12 since it is a sample she was trying to clear out.
(my lemon tree is a bit scraggly!)
Olivia's cup & saucer are Duchess fine bone china, made in England. No pattern name is mentioned, but it features oranges, lemons, raspberries & a pear.
Herman Dodge & Son, Inc.
San Fernando, CA 91340
made in Thailand
in buttery yellow 
our bread plate 
backside
80* high today in So-Cal, blue skies and gentle breezes.






21 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful post! I love the scripture verse, Max and Miss Olivia Rose are adorable, and the photos are wonderful. And it looks so warm! I'm going to come back and reread this on Sunday (when we may get a foot of snow here in New England).

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so pretty......nice relaxing to read post.....love the verse count your blessings and make the blessings count....so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Heather! Your photos are so beautiful I feel like I could be right there with you, enjoying tea in the garden. Warms my heart! God bless and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweet outdoor tea has me California dreamin'! Thank you for the visit and have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comments on my bible post. I love your orange teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tea party, Heather! How fun to be able to do this together with Miss Olivia Rose :) The garden is so beautiful... I enjoyed your beautiful and sweet post very much. Sunny blessings, Wen (coming over from Roses of Inspiration)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining me for the last Roses of Inspiration party. I'm so glad you enjoyed my little corner, and I love your name... Sunny Blessings :)
      ~Heather

      Delete
  7. Hi Heather,
    I am so pleased to meet you. What a dear Olivia Rose is and what a beautiful setting in the garden. The china looks so rich amongst the green grass. Thank you for sharing such an inspirational post! I hope your Easter was perfect! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful meeting you as well. I just linked over, and I love your blog. I went ahead and signed up for email updates.
      Blessings,
      Heather

      Delete
  8. Hi Heather,
    I am so pleased to meet you. What a dear Olivia Rose is and what a beautiful setting in the garden. The china looks so rich amongst the green grass. Thank you for sharing such an inspirational post! I hope your Easter was perfect! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful garden tea party you had, and you have created such special memories for sweet Olivia Rose! (Wish I'd been there too, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. I wish you had as well :) I have had Olivia (aka Olive) in my daycare since infancy, so I have raised her with tea and surely it's in her blood by now. She asks for it every day now!!! It doesn't get any better than that! :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful post and pics Heather! Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete