Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Spinster's Christmas Book Review

Hello again friends!  Today I am enjoying a lovely cup of Peach Blossom green and white tea.  It has the loveliest peach flavor.  It reminds me of biting into a crisp, white peach.  I also have a teacup full of peach cobbler.  The cup says: Lovely little cup today, send me dreaming far away (a gift from my son when he was a little boy).  Max is busy exploring.   Won't you grab a cuppa and join us?

I knocked out another book last night which I really enjoyed!
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
First off, I wish to thank Stephanie, my dear friend, over at THE ENCHANTING ROSE who first turned me on to this author.
Read her review of Prelude for a Lord (book #1 in The Gentlemen Quartet series) here.

The Spinster’s Christmas – Lady Wynwood Series
Camille Elliot (aka Camy Tang)

•°o•:*:•.Regency, Christmas, Mystery, & Romance.•:*:• o°•

I ordered this book from Amazon, since I had previously read the author’s novel, “Prelude for a Lord” and loved it.  This book is only 212 pages, so if you are looking for a Christmas novel that you can read quickly during the holidays, grab this one.  It has everything!  Mystery, Regency era, romance, faith and scripture.  I enjoyed it as well.  It is book #1 in the series and I look forward to reading more.

December 23, 1810, Dorsetshire, England
Miranda Belmoore is known as a poor relation whom her family (cousins Felicity and Cecil) has been saddled with.  Think Cinderella. Naval Captain Gerard (pronounced Je-rid in the U.K.) Foremont has had his knee badly damaged in an attack at sea, and has gone home to recover, and unfortunately being an eligible bachelor will find himself with numerous women throwing themselves at him during Christmastide (the Christmas season).  However, when he runs into Miranda on his way to celebrate the holidays at the Belmoore’s estate, Wintrell Hall, he is reminded of his pleasant childhood days spent with Miranda and other children, and immediately offers his help to her.  During the festivities, an enemy is lurking and seeking revenge at several turns.  Lady Laura Wynwood and Solomon Drydale open the story, but are usually part of the background.  When they do make appearances, I genuinely enjoy them. Laura is a strong woman of faith and has no problem saying outlandish things to gain the upper hand in a situation; very enjoyable.  Sol is a bit of a mystery, but ready to lend a hand, and I look forward to seeing his character grow, and perhaps the two will even become more than friends.

photo found on Pinterest
Tea Moments: P.16 “So kind of you, Felicity said. Come inside out of this wind.  There’s tea in the drawing room.
P.38 “He was rescued by the appearance of their evening tea, which also included an ornate silver punch bowl of wassail.”
Amusing Moment: P.20 “…others among the Belemoore’s had equated Miranda’s slowness of foot with slowness of mind, also.  Probably because in moments like these, Miranda simply said nothing.  It made others uncomfortable, which was why Miranda did it.”

5 stars

NOTE: YOU CAN KNIT GERARD’S REGENCY ERA SCARF using a link from Camy’s (Camille Elliot) blog page: CLICK HERE

© 2015 – Publisher, Camy Tang
212 pages
I purchased a copy from Amazon.com & am providing my honest opinion for no compensation.
Read: 01/23/2016 - Reviewed: 01/24/2016


author photo from her web page.
Isn't her pink hair too cute?!
Author Bio
USA Today bestselling author Camille Elliot also writes contemporary romance and romantic suspense as Camy Tang. She grew up in Hawaii but now lives in northern California with her engineer husband and rambunctious dog. She graduated from Stanford University in psychology with a focus on biology, and for nine years she worked as a biologist researcher. Then God guided her path in a completely different direction and now she's writing full time, using her original psychology degree as she creates the characters in her novels. In her free time, she's a staff worker for her church youth group and leads one of her church's Sunday worship teams. She also loves to knit, spin wool into yarn, and is training to (very slowly) run a marathon. Visit her website at http://www.camilleelliot.com/ to subscribe to her email newsletter and be informed when she has a new release or a sale on a backlist title.


Until we meet again....
Hugs and a cup of tea!




7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Heather! Great review. I especially like the idea of peach cobbler in a teacup! Very sweet! Have a beautiful week my friend! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful!
    Will have to put this on my list! and love the vintage tea photo
    Cheers
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps - what a sweet kitty -My cat loves to join me too too!

      Delete
    2. Cheers to you Christina! I have 3 kitties!!! You can Delilah here: http://bluejeansandteacups.blogspot.com/2015/05/i-am-in-love-with-this-video.html
      and Abbey here: http://bluejeansandteacups.blogspot.com/2015/12/christmas-musings.html
      Do you have a picture of your kitty?

      Delete
  3. What a great review. I loved visit you and meeting you. I love the teacups you added.
    I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete