Thursday, January 28, 2016

New App, Tea, Valentine Madelines, Ranger to the Rescue Book Review

Teatime with a kitty is always an improvement.
I have been playing with a new app called CameraNCollage that seems to have endless backgrounds and stickers you can download.  I am enjoying playing with it on my Samsung phone as shown above.

Yesterday, I made a pot of Mother's Bouquet by Harney and Sons.  
It is extremely refreshing with local honey.  I had some left over, and put it in the fridge, and find it is just as delightful cold.  Even my son, who really dislikes tea (or so he thinks, tea-hee), asked if he could have the rest of it.  It usually goes on sale around and certainly after Mother's Day.  Click here to order.

You'll notice I had a madeline on my saucer.  Tealightful!  Well, then I spotted the below picture on FB and thought it too darling not to share.  How easy would it be buy some madelines (Sugar Bowl Bakery brand is wonderful from WalMart or Costco!), dip in white melting chocolate, add some valentine sprinkles and some seasonal M&Ms ?
credit on photo
And finally, I picked up this book from my HUGE TBR (to-be-read) pile last night.  Usually when I read Christian novels they are very oversized (like 5x7), but this was pocket sized and only 186 pages, so I easily finished before bed.  Below is the review.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE

Ranger to the Rescue - Book 2 by Renae Brumbaugh

•°o Danger & Romance Held my Interest o°•

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you. –Isaiah 41:13

1881 Houston, TX

Amelia Cooper is a headstrong newshound trying to prove herself in a man’s world.  She is typically assigned stories of a feminine nature, recipes, apron patterns, etc.
Evan Covington is trying to make a name for himself as an up-and-coming lawyer.  He was wrongly accused of a crime (in book 1), and apparently Amelia helped clear his name, so they have some history together.  In this story, they butt heads a few times, but the attraction is obvious, and they spend more and more time together.  They are particularly thrown together when Evan is requested to be the attorney for a local fisherman, and Amelia smells opportunity in the story.  As she tries to dig deeper, Evan is led by God to help protect her.  She also has lost a past love, Gerald, who was shot and killed in cold blood (book 1 I believe), which makes trusting difficult for her.  Later, more twists and turns add even more adventure and danger to the story, including kidnapping, wildlife, and guns. This tests their faith, and we hear the characters pray and use their wits to escape all sorts of peril.  This was an easy, pocket-size book to read in an evening and I very much enjoyed the story.

I did not realize this was part of a series and the characters carry over from Book 1, however I had no problem enjoying the book, and would recommend it (4 stars).

I purchased this book from CBD and I am offering my honest opinion for no compensation.
©2015 Love Inspired by Harlequin
186 Pages
Read 01/27/2016 / Reviewed 01/28/2016

SERIES:
Lone Star Ranger – Book #1 (2015)
Ranger to the Rescue – Book #2 (2015)

Until next time, hugs and a cup of tea~




"When from our better selves we have too long
Been parted by the hurrying world, and droop,
Sick of its business, of its pleasures tired,
How gracious, how benign, is Solitude;"

– William Wordsworth, from “The Prelude”

5 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that clever with the madelines - peeps are so clever.

    Love your collage app - and your kitty is adorable! Your teacup is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, and thanks for stopping by ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Love the Cupcake Madelines - so adorable. I must try the new app you found - looks interesting. Cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy book reviews, so thank you for sharing this one. And those madeleines are darling! I have a super easy madeleine recipe I like to make, so I think these embellished ones wouldn't be hard at all to duplicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the madelines. The book sounds good and they always go great with tea.

    ReplyDelete