Saturday, August 22, 2015

Christopher Robin Jesus Calling And Tea Fabrics

I noticed on my calendar today, that I had noted Christopher Robin Milne's Birthday was August 21st (which was yesterday).
So I have decided to pour a cup of tea, and first share a bit of two special books I own.  Won't you join me?

Harney & Sons Mother's Bouquet ~ So pretty :-)


Christopher Robin Milne 1920-1996
Yes, he was a real, live boy.

Many years ago, I happened upon these two charming books by A.A. Milne at Sam's Club.  Perhaps, like me back then, you will not have heard of them, so I want to post a few pages of each for your enjoyment.  I find them quite relaxing, and the introductions in each are very sweet and not to be missed.


ISBN: 978-0-525-47930-7
I love how they are called decorations vs. illustrations :)










































ISBN: 978-0-525-47929-1







Now, wasn't that sweet?


Yesterday, my mom dropped by to share some tea themed fabrics she had purchased from friends at her quilting class.  She knew she could make me something fun, and so she set up her sewing machine and did just that!

This is the tablecloth design we came up with.  It is laying at an angle on my table.
Abbey has decided to photo bomb, er um, model for you.


I did not even notice until later how the tablecloth compliments my tea print hanging on the wall :)


My mom insisted on putting a flannel backing on it so it does not slip and slide so easily, and just lays much nicer.



Today, my daughter brought me these lovely flowers, which are much needed after a rough night and morning I have been having. They're quite cheerful, don't you think?


Now, this sweet little throw pillow is a design my mom came up with because I found the little scrap of tea fabric at a "garage sale" room, during a quilt show we had attended. She found complimenting fabric and made it work! The bear is a recent $3 yard sale find.



She decided to do it slipcover style, and simply purchased a pillow form.



She has other tea fabrics for me, and we are discussing possibiliTEAS :)
As I mentioned, I have been having a rough couple of days, so I intentionally have been seeking God about it {Only wish I had done so BEFORE I created a mess!}.
Hmmmm.... still learning.
But, today's JESUS CALLING was just perfect {along with some thoughtful prayer from my sis}.



From my Instagram Post


~Heather Elizabeth~

sharing with Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration over at:   THE ENCHANTING ROSE



13 comments:

  1. Oh friend, what a sweet and fun post :) Your tea cup fabric is simply lovely and it looks perfect on your table with the tea cup photo in the background. If only I could join you for tea in person.... Happy Monday! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dearly love Milne, teacup fabric and the scripture! Fab post! Your mom certainly knows you well!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ruth. So glad you enjoyed it!! eHugs to you :)
      Heather

      Delete
  3. What a cute post! I used to have collect all things Eeyore, but have never actually read any of A.A. Milne's books. Also love your pretty tea-themed fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie. Collections are fun. I do believe my teacups are out of hand though! Ha :) Milne's poems are so sweet and innocent. I love them :) Blessings -Heather

      Delete
  4. I Have been offline for several weeks due to WiFi problems, just this morning a part was installed that finally corrected the problem and was installed by the tech. This being said, I hope this find you in better circumstances. Our God is great and I thank Him for his patience and love for us. Your table cloth and pillow are precious.
    God Bless
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tonia. Glad your WiFi is working! I am doing much better after having spent many days with the Lord. Thank you. He is so good. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. Hi, I'm visiting from Roses of Inspiration. Your tablecloth is lovely and I am thankful for the scripture encouragement. I was fortunate to have been introduced to the poetry of A. A. Milne at a young age by my mother, and I have memorized many of them. It's hard to pick a favorite... A bear however hard he tries grows tubby without exercise... Emmeline has not been seen for more than a week... the little bears growl to each other, "He's mine as soon as he's silly and steps on a line"... James James Morrison's mother seems to have been mislaid... I have given several copies of these gifts to friends as baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Betty. Thank for visiting from R.O.I. I love Stephanie. Thank you for the sweet comments. I can't believe you memorized so many. That is wonderful good fun! :)
      Blessings to you.

      Delete
  6. I love the book excerpts, really fun.
    You are very fortunate that you have your mother to make things for you - a lovely tablecloth and lovely flowers :)
    Have a lovely week.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed them. You as well :)

    ReplyDelete