Thursday, March 19, 2015

WELCOME SPRING


Today is the 1st Day of Spring!

I thought I would invite you to join me for a cuppa' and thank God for Springtime blessings.

Johnson Bros. - made in England (c) 1958, 1976 Joan Walsh Anglund
I have a plate ready to fill for us.

Perhaps a lemon crisp?

Duchess Fine Bone China - England
'Lemon Tree' tablecloth - Marshall's
Look!  This teacup & saucer feature a lemon nestled amongst the berries, complimenting my brand new table cloth! 
I placed a lovely Elder Flower & Apricot White Tea pyramid next to it.
Duchess Fine Bone China - England
Purple Angel -click here: CBD
Or perhaps you would like this White Citrus Tea served in this lovely floral cup.  See how the blue flowers match the ones in the tablecloth? 

Birdie Teapot found at yard sale ($10) - made in USA
Sweet blue birdie on clearance this week at Michael's (.75¢)
creamer & sugar bowl - made in Malaysia
blue rose plate, Raleigh - Johnson Bros. England
 I thought we could talk about this hymn as I am reminded of it by these adorable birdies. Did you know it was written in 1905?
 Civilla Martin, who wrote the lyrics, said this about her inspiration to write the song based on the scriptures Matthew 6:26 and Matthew 10:29-31
Early in the spring of 1905, my husband and I were sojourning in Elmira, New York. We contracted a deep friendship for a couple by the name of Mr. and Mrs. Doolittle—true saints of God.  Mrs. Doolittle had been bedridden for nigh twenty years. Her husband was an incurable cripple who had to propel himself to and from his business in a wheel chair. Despite their afflictions, they lived happy Christian lives, bringing inspiration and comfort to all who knew them. One day while we were visiting with the Doolittles, my husband commented on their bright hopefulness and asked them for the secret of it.  Mrs. Doolittle's reply was simple: "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." The beauty of this simple expression of boundless faith gripped the hearts and fired the imagination of Dr. Martin and me. The hymn "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" was the outcome of that experience. 
 I also can't help but think of Abby over at Little Birdie Blessings when I look at the teapot, now.  She is such a refreshing soul. And her blog truly blesses me.  
Have you visited her?
buttery yellow personal teapot - Herman Dodge & Son, Inc.
San Fernando, Ca - made in Thailand
green, mini frame - Michael's
 And here is another birdie blessing 
framed for you. 
He is mighty to save. Zeph. 3:17
I enjoy framing scripture and words of encouragement as reminders of God's promises and tea for my soul. 
Have you done that too?
Green Tea 19oz. jar candle found at Marshall's this week $6.99
 Oh, will you light the candle for me?
I confess, I forgot.
You may have noticed the lemons on the table.  I picked them in case you prefer lemon in your tea.  See, here is a bit of blue sky next to the citrus trees.
My home town is known for citrus!!

It is a comfortable 78* here in CA today.  I picked these tangerines earlier this week.  You may take some home if you like.


Wait! We interrupt this conversation to share these amazing flowers my sister, Melanie Marie,  just texted to me!! She says they are yellow Daffodils and Yesterday, Today & Forever flowers from an amazingly fragrant, tri-color bush in the garden.  Don't they compliment my table wonderfully?  Part of her description was "pop outside, give THANKS to the Lord for He is good, His love (mercy) endureth forever!" Can you tell we are related? (hee hee).  I'm sure she would not mind me sharing them with you.
  
As I said, I did pop outside and here is a closeup of a citrus flower.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Can you smell the sweetness?
Just a moment.  I'm going to dash into the kitchen.  I'll be right back.

$5.99 - Marshall's
 I wanted to show you this adorable box of tea I found this week.  Isn't it cute?  The ribbon is such a darling touch (-squeal!).

 And look, it speaks to you!

Shopping Info & Best by Date

I love how the silk bag poofs up, allowing the water to flow through easily.  Did you like yours?  I don't normally reach for White Tea, but they were so tempting.  My citrus white tea was quite refreshing.
Speaking of refreshing, I'm so glad you dropped by for a visit. Shall I close in prayer?

Heavenly Father, Your word says,
[Psa 84:3 NIV] "Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God."  May we make our heart's home near Your altar as well Lord, drawing ever closer to you, being always thankful for our many blessings.  Thank You for this time of refreshment and the coming Spring days!  We give You all of the glory! -Amen and amen.

Heather Elizabeth



I will be sharing at the following parties:

26 comments:

  1. A truly gorgeous and absolutely inspirational post. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you for stopping by and the sweet comment :)

      Delete
  2. A lovely fresh post for spring. I'll try the citrus tea if you don't mind.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, thank you for stopping by and the sweet comment. I will pour you a cup! :)

      Delete
  3. I love to try different kinds of Tea, I just may love it!
    Have a wonderful first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia, thank you for stopping by. You as well! :)

      Delete
  4. Dear, sweet Abby...she is a blessing and joy indeed!

    Your post is full of Spring sunshine and happiness, my friend. I found it very refreshing to my heart and soul. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy Spring to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello (((Stephanie)))),
      Thank yo so much! I am so glad you were blessed! Take care.
      ((((hugs back))))
      Heather

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your tea time with us! So pretty! I have a tea cup just like the one in the photo with the angel. One of my favorites. It's snowing here in NJ today! I'm longing for warmer temps and sunshine. It must not be too far away. Blessings, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie,
      Glad you could drop in! My dad lived in Sommerset NJ for a couple of years and I visited him once in Winter with snow and once in summer with fireflies which were awesome! Maybe you will get back out my way again for another tea tour. Did you ever contact Tea and Teacups Yorba Linda? They are hostessing a Dr. Who tea this Sunday! ;) Not sure if I will go... that fwy traffic on the 91 is killer and the tea is @ 3 right when it gets crazy. Anyhow, blessings to you! ~Heather

      Delete
  6. Hi Heather, Your blog is delightful. What beautiful pictures and color to welcome this first day of spring for 2015. Thanks so much for your kind words and the link to my blog. Much appreciation. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some beautiful tea cups and tea pots and other dishes. So very pretty. I am a big tea drinker and have never had a cup of coffee in my life. I also enjoyed the verses you shared. Thank you so much for your sweet words about our master bedroom makeover. It was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cheery table setting is the perfect way to welcome the return of spring! My favourite teacup is the Duchess with the purple flowers (naturally!). I'd love to try ETS' white tea!

    I also like how the photo captions describe who made/where you purchased your teawares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post with lovely meaning. You have gathered together some wonderful pieces of china and decor and made such a happy time spring table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post...tea and the Word...perfect! Love lemon goodies, pretty china and tea! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific post. Each section had a special thought for me. I am a bit jealous that you can just pick those lemons and tangerines off your tree. When I lived in Puerto Rico I could go out and pick Mangos, Bananas and Papayas. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning my friend,
    What a wonderful tea table you have set filled with pretties and wonderful conversation! I have never heard the story behind His Eye Is On The Sparrow and it was delightful. Love the hymn! Your teacups are beautiful and so is the little blue angel. The last scripture verse you shared I had just written into a card to encourage a good friend of mine who is going through a difficult time. Thank you for sharing your delightful post and joining me for tea. Have a marvelous day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tribute to spring and its Creator! Happy Spring to you, Heather, and thanks for sharing all these delightful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post and pretty teascape. Love all the birds! Fresh lemons -- lucky you! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed my visit and reading the Scriptures you shared. The little birds are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning, friend! I'm so glad you shared your lovely post with Roses of Inspiration. It was a joy to read your words and see your images again. I stared at the photo of the lemons and blue sky for a little while....it's cold, raining, and snowing here today so that photo was like a little bit of sunshine :)

    Happy day, dear Heather! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Spring! It's my favorite season. That birdie teapot is darling and I have got to try those lemon crisps! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. So enjoyed seeing your spring pictures. We're still feeling a little touch of winter in NYC and the lemons lifted my spirits. Stopping by from Stephanie's.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heather:
    I am just now getting here for last week's comments and linkers on Friends Sharing Tea. You put a lot of work in the post and it really shows. So delightful. I love the song His Eye is On the Sparrow. Back in the day I used to sing it as a solo. I really enjoyed all your sweet thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thank you Benideen. I really wanted readers to feel like they were having tea with me. So glad you enjoyed it. ~Heather

      Delete