Monday, March 9, 2015

Calendar ReDo

Sometimes, I find a calendar I really like...except for a few shortcomings (in my opinion). 


This month's page features coffee.  I truly loathe coffee, so I decided to make a few changes.

I colored in all of the coffee beans with a brown sharpie.
I added  clover stickers over the coffee beans on the pitcher/vase.
I glued on a Twinings Irish Breakfast tea tag cascading down the cup.
And I changed the quote, that did not suit my taste to the fun following one featuring tea:


You're American, ain't you? ...I've 'eard as 'ow they don't drink tea. Dunno 'ow they get through the day. Time was when I could 'ave a nice cuppa with me mates, the rest 'o the cleaners, sit in comfort in a room they give us, put me feet up and 'ave a bit of a gossip. Now I keeps me tea things in the broom cupboard and 'as to make do with sittin' on the stairs by me lonesome, but still, tea's tea.
-Jeanne M. Dams, Trouble in the Town Hall

-Heather Elizabeth-

I 'plan' to share at a few tea parties this week:

17 comments:

  1. I like your revised St.Pat's calender, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to re-make something to suit you. (suit you to a "tea"!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That worked out well. A cute posting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a clever thing to do - it looks so good.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! Very creative and thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, aren't you the clever one, Heather! Like you, I've seen some calendars and things where I liked the graphics but not the coffee references. It never occurred to me that I could change them. Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creatively inspiring to change things up! I've just found you through Angela's blog at Tea with Friends, and will be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I'm new to blogging. Glad to have you visit :)

      Delete
  8. Wow!! I love your re-do!
    I do not like coffee, either.

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that is good to know that you "loathe" coffee :) hee hee I won't be sending you any anytime soon. I am the opposite and truly love coffee. In fact, I just finished a cup....

    I love how you made the calendar to suit you - very clever, my friend. You are inspiring and thank you for sharing with ROI. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete