Tuesday, March 31, 2015

AGE OLD QUESTION WHICH CAME 1ST?

eggs
photo courtesy of Pinterest




Which Came 1st?
The Chicken or the Egg?

As a woman of faith, I have long known the answer to this question, but since this is the week of focusing on eggs (AND CHRIST), I thought I would share with anyone who has pondered this.

[Gen 1:19-21 KJV]  "And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.  And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good."

Ok, so this question did not JUST pop into my head today.  In fact, I was not planning to post today, but it really bothered this morning when I read on a Christian fiction author's newsletter the following: 
"According to Canadian researchers, the egg came first.  The reason? Dinosaurs were laying eggs and building nests long before birds (or chickens) evolved.  So now you know." (underline for emphasis)

What I know is God's Word is unfailing, unchanging and always true. I emailed her in love and pray my words and scripture references are well-received. If you would kindly pray with me, I would appreciate it. Standing firm in our faith is not always easy, but it does help to have a good grasp on the scriptures (speaking to myself here), and these tiny arguments are the kind that help our children. Don't you think?

I pray you are all blessed this Holy week.
In Christ,
Heather Elizabeth

Internet picture - crosscards.com

internet picture

internet picture
Easter coloring picture with the phrase "He is Risen"



HOW CUTE!! Tea Cups made out of buttons, half an old easter egg and a ribbon for the handle! Totally making these for one of the crafts!
Pinterest Photo:
Easter Teacups for all my tea
friends. Button,  1/2 egg,
ribbon, glue.

I will be sharing at the following parties:

22 comments:

  1. I so agree! I have prayed the Holy Spirit goes forth and she receives it in Love.
    Bless you for sharing your faith and standing up for it, as a Christian I believe we
    should do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia. Thank you for your prayers. Much appreciated. God bless you and have a blessed holy week! ~heather

      Delete
  2. A beautiful way to answer that question. Thank you and may God richly bless you this Easter Season. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. You as well. ((((heather))))

      Delete
  3. Great post and I agree with you, even though I'm Canadian. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, that made me laugh out loud. Not sure what that has to do w/anything, but giggles anyhow!!!! :-)
      Heather

      Delete
  4. I agree with you as well. When one understands what scripture is saying, then it all becomes clear. God's love letter to His children was not given to us to befuddle us. I'm glad you wrote her and hopefully she will understand as well. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi. God's love letter... I have not heard that in a while and it brings me joy. Thank you, and may you and yours enjoy this Holy week. I have a special post planned for Good Friday!
      Heather

      Delete
  5. Love your faith here! That pinterest pic is gorgeous isn't it? And what a cute cute cute idea about those adorable little teacups with egg halves - great idea for tea party favors anytime, really.

    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      Thank you. Those were totally last minute when I searched Pinterest for an Easter teacup! ;)
      Blessed holy week to you as well!
      Heather

      Delete
  6. What a very special post today. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are welcome. Thanks for dropping by. ~Heather

      Delete
  7. I too agree, what better way to answer that age old question. Your tea cups are adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't mean to hit enter. I'm typing standing up. I have found the people of the world have no trouble voicing their opinions, the good thing for us is that it opens a door for us to step in and share Christ. His word will not turn void. Well done Heather.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tonia. Amen! And those little cups were a last minute add when I searched Pinterest for an Easter teacup! ;)
      Blessings,
      ~Heather

      Delete
  9. Good for you Heather, I totally agree with you. Praying your word hits her heart and the Holy Spirit does a work in this lady.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. Much appreciated!!
      Blessings,
      Heather

      Delete
  10. Wonderful post Heather. His Word is always true...and efficient to bring about change in us...so we can be conformed to the image of His Son. A Blessed Easter to you and your family! He is Risen indeed! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth,
      Thank you so much! Amen and amen!
      Same to you!!
      ~Heather

      Delete
  11. You know, I never really thought about that question or the correct answer. Thank you for sharing. Now we have the final Word on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, my sweet friend! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful posts with Roses of Inspiration. I am always blessed by you and I know many other women are as well.

    May you have a beautiful Resurrection Sunday. We have SO much to be thankful for....let us praise and worship our LIVING Savior together. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always known this truth also. Good for you for standing up for what you believe. Not always easy to do. Love those pretty eggs! Did you paint them? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete