Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Teacup Tuesday & Tiny Jars


I wanted to do a Teacup Tuesday post (my 1st one), that I could share with others who post the same :)
Yesterday at Burlington Coat Factory (of all places), I found an assortment of Davidson's brand teas and decided to give them a try.  It is USDA Organic certified, and each bag comes sealed in its own wrapper, which is always lovely for sharing in gifts.  Tonight's selection is Apricot Essence black tea.  I hardly steeped this tea at all, and it quickly darkened in color.  The taste of the black tea was quite strong, with the apricot notes arriving afterwards.  Not my favorite, but nice to try something new.
My teacup is November Chrysanthemum from the Avon Blossoms of the Month series.  I love the orange and yellow colors which work well in spring or autumn.  I found it at a yard sale for just a few dollars and couldn't pass it up.  The tray in the background is another find from Ross this week. It was only $5 or $6 :)  Woo-hoo! 




I have an affinity towards tiny jars.  I don't know why, but I do.  I spotted these at the store, and loved them, but I don't have any babies in my daycare right now.  What to do?  Why, make smoothies of course!
I added 2 soft bananas, and some ice along with the baby food, and The Littles enjoyed their treats very much.

Extra bonus, when I washed up the jars, the labels peeled right off - no extra scrubbing needed.


See  how the jars look with flowers in them.  Jane thinks they are lovely.

The other teacup featured on the right is Duchess bone china made in England.  I am not too sure of the flower shown on it, however.  Any ideas?
Update: the lovely Beth from Conversations from my house, informed me the teacup on the right features DOGWOOD flowers.  Thank you Beth!







I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jer. 31:25









8 comments:

  1. Hi there and nice to meet you! Welcome to Tuesday Cuppa Tea...so glad you joined us! Love your pretty teacups and the teas look wonderful Jane told me she thinks so too... ;) Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my dear! What a charming post and your photos are simply lovely! How I would love to have a cup of tea with you.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such pretty tea cups! Yay for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather,
    It's nice to meet you! Love the little bottles and I'm sure the posies do too. Such pretty teacups and how I long to see green grass! We are buried under snow at the moment. Thank you for joining me for Tea Time and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Jane Austen figure is too cute! I also love the purple teacup in your title header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you shared at "Friends Sharing Tea"! I thought the flower was a chrysanthemum and yes I had to use spell check on that word for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you are joining with all us folks on Tea Cup Tuesday. I have to admit that I used to buy strained baby plums cause they were so good served over huge buttermilk biscuits. Sort of a mild but yummy dessert. I know folks wondered why I was buying baby foods.... LOL. The white flower on the other tea cup looks like Dogwood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the weekly tea gathering. I like your header and I'm partial to lavender myself. I often buy the tiny sample size jars of jam and then use the bottles to store small craft items.

    ReplyDelete