Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Why Write? Penmanship for the 21st Century

I now have 3 pen-pals. Two for over a year, and one brand new.  As well as a little girl I sponsor in Guatemala.  I tend to use the computer to write my letters and add cute graphics, but after seeing this video, I really want to make more of an effort to hand write letters.

This video is such a pleasure to watch.  I hope others might enjoy and share it as well!  It includes beautiful art by a young Master Penman, along with some astonishing history.  I procrastinated in watching it, but am so glad I finally did!



I am a huge advocate that children continue to be taught penmanship, so they might be able to read the many historical documents themselves, rather than historical revisionists "telling" them what is written.  


For my birthday, I had some free money to spend at Cost Plus World Market, and I purchased this sealing wax kit, which I thought would be fun on my penned letters.



















3 comments:

  1. I am visiting from the blog hop. I AGREE wholeheartly that penmanship is VERY important. I can't imagine why the schools have decided it isn't. Your comment on history vs revisionist history is to the point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth. Glad you found something of interest. Enjoy the party and God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are great as a new blogger and GYB 2015. Like your penmanship and tea-delight!

    ReplyDelete