Wednesday, January 28, 2015

HospitaliTEA



A favorite scriptural reference of mine is: Romans 12:10-13 {NKJV}
 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
Yesterday afternoon, I received word that not one, but TWO girlfriends would be dropping by. Well, that was all I needed to whip up an impromptu tea party. Having 7 (yes, 7!) bags of *scones in my cupboard, and a jar of *lemon curd it only took me about 20 minutes to complete the task.  The ladies were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the quick respite.
*You can find these easy to make (just add water) scones at Cost Plus World Market.  So far, that is the best price I have found (around $5), which is even cheaper than the Sticky Fingers Co. website.  I am a free member of World Market, so I get great coupons and even free $$ emailed from them.  If I don't know what to buy, I reach for either scones (typically blueberry since everyone loves those), or Republic of Tea. Note the unbaked scones in the top right photo, and then the baked in the bottom right.  These scones hardly spread at all so you can bunch them together with no issue.  I made different sizes, since I was also serving children.
*If you have not tried lemon curd, it is very similar to lemon meringue pie.  Trader Joe's is quite good, and when empty, the sweet little square jar makes an adorable flower vase!
My apologies for the blurry center photo of the tea table; I was trying to be stealth in front of my guests! (-smile).

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love lemon curd on my scones. You've started me on a craving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful it would be to visit you, Heather, for an impromptu tea party. What a lovely table set with pretty fine bone china and delish scones. I must say I love the CS Lewis quote...'tis so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Heather, I've just popped in via the Grow your Blog party and it looks as though I've come at the right time for tea and scones!
    I am now a follower as I am always thrilled to read Christian blogs and you are so open about this that I just want to encourage you.
    You are most welcome to come by for a visit though my blog is mainly about my sewing and crafting hobbies.
    I'll bake my Irish soda bread scones for you - they are great with just melted butter and strawberry jam!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete