Friday, January 30, 2015

Communion

Do you ever take communion at home? 

Do you invite friends to do so? 

Consider this option:
During a tea party, I used my demitasse cups to pour communion, and handed it out to my guests. I served broken pieces of pita crackers (nothing to complicated right?) as the bread. I opened in prayer, inviting God to be the head of our tea table.  I believe my guests were pleasantly surprised, and it set just the right tone for our tea party. The plate I used is a special treasure of mine. It was a gift from my daughter who 2 days prior had turned 9 years old. Isn't it sweet? She is 22 now! 




My secrets for a successful tea party:

Romans 15:7 NKJV- "Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God."

1Corinthians 10:31 NKJV -"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Will you join me in contemplating communion? Click HERE - Cherri Keaggy - In Remembrance of Me. I truly hope it blesses you!

Hugs and a cup of tea (or communion!),
~Heather Elizabeth


I am joining the lovely Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose for her Tuesday Roses of Inspiration Party.  Please join me by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon, dear friend! I have never had communion at home, but I do partake of it at my church every month. As a deacon's wife, I also have the privilege of preparing it once in a while.

    Thanks for sharing and encouraging. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete